Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daredevil

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah but I was thinking about it, I hated shane in TWD. I hated that character. He was such a jerk to the group. He tried to attack rick! But wait, I hated the character. The actor made me hate the character for plot reasons not for acting reasons. The actor did a great job of making me dislike the character. Then after seeing his punisher performance, I'm convinced he's actually quite a good actor!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Shane kept rubbing his face nonstop in TWD and that was all the acting. Otherwise I can see your point.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Finished the whole series. Good trout once again. The ninja trout was blazing fire. I was finally able to get a proper exposure to The Hand and Elektra. None of that stuff we saw back in the early 2000s. This is the golden age of comic book movies and shows. I am ultra hyped for Luke Cage!

Blog Entries

We started last night, and are 3 episodes in. Absolutely loving it.
    I think Foggy may be my favorite character. He's at least, the least useless comic relief character I've seen in a long time.
    Love what they've done with the Punisher and can't wait to see Elektra!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really think that daredevil and his desire to not kill are too much like Batman. He won't kill because he literally believes he'll to to hell if he does, even though he actually wants to kill his enemies. Hence his focus on fighting for the law, even more so than justice as Batman would. Batman doesn't work inside the law, and frankly doesn't really care that he doesn't either. Daredevil tries to because he wants the system to work and it's a constant conflict in him that it doesn't but he still wants to believe in it, even when people like Fisk subvert the law and it's institutions completely. There's a lot more nuance there than with Batman for me.

And as far as the ninja stuff, give me daredevil over Batman just because in this show he's a damn badass and does it without the money and gadgets.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, Matt really upped his fighting skills this season. He is doing some crazy trout.

Episode 3 was probably the best episode in this series. You really got to see the contrast between Daredevil and Punisher and it ended with one of the best shot fight scenes I have ever seen on TV or film.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That was the stairwell fight as i recall? This show really does well choreographed and shot fight scenes. Better than 99% of shows and movies out there, even in season 1. The hallway fight with the Russians early in that season was a real standout too.

Blog Entries

The stairwell fight was brilliant.
    Only got through one episode last night, but the scene with Daredevil and the Punisher in the Cemetery was some great acting on Jon Bernthal's part.

And Tampa Comic Con yesterday announced that Charlie Cox is coming!!