Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Age of Ultron

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Black Panther has already been confirmed for Civil War.

Captain Marvel's movie is coming out before te Infinity Wars, so she'll be available as well.

Really hoping the Guardians can play some role in A3 as well.

I saw this over the weekend, was really awesome. Loved it.

I can't wait for Avengers 3, but it's so far away.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I recently watched it a few days ago and it is in fact, very enjoyable. Each of the characters were featured some point in the story and I have to applaud the director for doing that, instead of just focusing on Ironman or Cap'n. It's pretty good compared to the first one, really.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just got back from seeing it, and I thought it was great. I kind of don't understand why most people I know seem to be feeling pretty meh about this one but thinking the first one was the greatest thing ever. I enjoyed this one a lot more, and this was especially prevalent to me since I watched a double feature of the first Avengers and this one.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I enjoyed it, but a few things bothered me, mainly:

(SPOILER)
    (1) The entire Ultron plot. It's basically just "Tony Stark smurfs up big-time, and everyone else gets to spend the rest of the movie fixing his mistakes." No external threat, no advancement of the overall story arc, just a totally self-made problem that the heroes have to solve. It made the movie feel like a filler story. Kind of like an episode of Sherlock where Holmes leaves the kettle on, then the whole of Baker Street burns down and he and Watson spend the rest of the episode trying to unravel the mystery of the big fire.

(2) The Romanov/Banner love story. This felt arbitrary and entirely flat, devoid of any kind of chemistry and coming out of nowhere. In The Winter Soldier, Cap and Widow positively sizzled with palpable romantic tension. I just wasn't feeling the love (story) this time around, though.

Aside from that, I had fun. I did especially enjoy a lot of the quieter, character-driven moments, and it was great to see (SPOILER)Hawkeye getting instantaneously fleshed out with a well-developed backstory and complex interpersonal relationships. It just wasn't as good a film as the first Avengers, or The Winter Soldier. I'm going to risk internet hatred by saying that the shortcomings can mainly be attributed to Joss Whedon's writing, especially his humour and his treatment of female characters.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's out over here, but I can't see it until Wednesday. It's going to be the longest six days of my life.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, and a couple other things from the dialogue which have bugged me persistently:

Tony Stark's wholly unnecessary rape joke - (SPOILER)when he says he would reintroduce primae noctis if he ruled Asgard. I mean, seriously?

And later in the film, when Black Widow is talking about her past, and she implies that (SPOILER)she's a "monster" not just because she was trained to be an assassin, but also because she's infertile. I'd like to think that's not actually what she was meant to imply, and that her lines were simply terribly written, but that's giving the benefit of a lot of doubt.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It was great! I loved it!

I am really worried about what's going to happen with these movies from here on out though. I read a synopsis of the Civil War comic and got really bummed because, that combined with this new set of inducted characters at the end of Age of Ultron seem to suggest that the next Avengers films won't be this team anymore.

I think Ant-Man is the next film that's part of the whole Avengers continuity thing. I want to be hyped for that movie but it just....it's just lacking a certain something that would usually excite me about these superhero films and I'm not sure what it is.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    And later in the film, when Black Widow is talking about her past, and she implies that (SPOILER)she's a "monster" not just because she was trained to be an assassin, but also because she's infertile. I'd like to think that's not actually what she was meant to imply, and that her lines were simply terribly written, but that's giving the benefit of a lot of doubt.
    Sounds like Whedon went full Moffat.

You never go full Moffat.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    It was great! I loved it!

I am really worried about what's going to happen with these movies from here on out though. I read a synopsis of the Civil War comic and got really bummed because, that combined with this new set of inducted characters at the end of Age of Ultron seem to suggest that the next Avengers films won't be this team anymore.

I think Ant-Man is the next film that's part of the whole Avengers continuity thing. I want to be hyped for that movie but it just....it's just lacking a certain something that would usually excite me about these superhero films and I'm not sure what it is.
    Sad, but inevitable. These actors won't be able to play their roles forever and the Universe has to go on. I think right now Dr. Strange is being set up as the next 'Iron Man' as far as importance or whatever goes. I hope at the very least the old team will be around for Avengers 3, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Both Cap & Thor are under contract for 3 more movies, meaning they'll appear in their own sequel's + the 3rd Avengers two-parter. Bucky is most likely to replace Steve Rogers as Cap, considering he has something like an 8 movie contract. I think Hulk has a few more movies under his contract.

But that doesn't mean they can't sign up for more movies. The actors seem to be having fun making these movies. However, Chris Evans reported that the next two Avengers flicks will be filmed simultaneously (considering they're Part I & II, it makes sense) over a 9 month period. There's always a risk of burn-out.

Ant-Man should be good. Whedon gave the script a big thumbs up in the press & what I've seen from the trailers/promos looks great. It's also got a great cast. I'm hoping to see Ant-Man & Wasp in the next installment of Avengers.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would argue that the actors are already burned out. Avengers two seemed kind of lackluster and the humor felt a little forced. It was alright, but I don't consider it on-par with most of the rest other movies. The best part Iron Man's "yay" after finding what he was looking for in the beginning

I've read and watched a few spoiler clips on this....I guess you could say I ruined whatever suspense I may or may not get out of the movie.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I thought it was great. It was a little hectic, but it was pretty well put together. The action scenes were awesome, & I liked the new characters.

(SPOILER)I wonder if the Nick Fury stuff is going to affect Agents of SHIELD. I know on last week's episode Coulson told Gunzales that Fury would be back for his toolbox. Hopefully, he makes an appearance before the season ends.

I think I'm the only person who liked Quicksilver. Too bad he died.

I also wonder what's happened to The Hulk. Rumors are he flew himself into space & might be in Guardians 2. I wouldn't mind that.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER) I just have this feeling Quicksilver will be back. It might just be my inherent distrust in death with regards to comic book characters. I thought he was pretty awesome though. I think the Days of Future's Past version was a little more fun, but I'm one of the only people who I saw Ultron with that preferred this Quicksilver.

As for Hulk, I'm not sure what they are going to do. They've talked about doing a Planet Hulk movie I feel like. I also feel like they said they aren't doing that so who knows. I definitely think that they are at least setting up the possibility of shooting the Hulk up into space just with his situations of going out of control. At the very least, I think he'll be away from people as much as he can in Hulk form just to try to work on controlling it better.

I loved the movie. Saw it yesterday. There are a lot of issues to resolve after what happened in the movie. (SPOILER)I get the feeling that we might see Ultron again in the future. Also, where was Loki? I was expecting to see him again. Also would of been nice to see Falcon in the final battle, at least War Machine made it! Good to see that a remanent of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the form of one Hellicarrier remained. The Vision was great too. The Winter Soldier was a bit better, but AoU was GREAT too.

I hope the rumor of Spider-Man being in Captain America: Civil War turns out to be true.
    I am looking forward to the next Marvel film, Ant-Man.
    I think Thanos will be the main villain in A3, and the fight will be over the Infinity Gems.
    Good stuff.