Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Age of Ultron

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I think Thanos will be the main villain in A3, and the fight will be over the Infinity Gems.
    Yeah, it's called the Infinity War and (SPOILER)after the credits he was wearing the Infinity Gauntlet. Looks like Thanos is tired of his pawns and he's going after what he wants himself..

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I liked it. I was a fun ride. Not some ultimate movie like fanboys try to prop it (and other movies in that universe) as, but I found myself being entertained the whole time.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    (SPOILER)(2) The Romanov/Banner love story. This felt arbitrary and entirely flat, devoid of any kind of chemistry and coming out of nowhere. In The Winter Soldier, Cap and Widow positively sizzled with palpable romantic tension. I just wasn't feeling the love (story) this time around, though.
    Yeah I did notice this as well in The Winter Soldier, I really thought it might be nice for it to carry on.... Oh well!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I just saw this and it was awesome, 10/10, loved it. Great fight scenes, great jokes, loved the bit where they're all just hanging out getting drunk. Loved Hawkeye getting some development, also (SPOILER)JARVIS as The Vision, this is so awesome, I can't deal with how awesome this is

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I kinda have to agree with D that this was a filler movie, but it's ok as it was entertaining. Some of the plot points seemed forced (including the Widow/Hulk romance, which I didn't mind as much as others) and it wasn't as good as the first Avengers movie, but I liked the new characters and most of the action.

And of course, any movie was going to feel like too much filler to me, as I've been looking forward to Thanos ever since the first Avengers end-credit scene. I don't think I've ever been this excited for a movie this far in advance.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I for one loved Hawkeye & Friends fight robots.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was okay. I fell asleep during some parts. Back stories were interesting, but I agree that the humor felt forced a majority of the time. Looking forward to Thanos and Captain America vs. Iron Man.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm finally gonna get to see it today!

Just got back from seeing it. Great flick. Love Ultron as a villain and how they introduced the Vision. Glad to see War Machine back too instead of the Iron Patriot.

Now allow me to bitch (SPOILER)Goddammit Joss why'd you have to kill off Quicksilver!? He was shaping up to be an awesome character! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Can't decide which version of Quicksilver I like better. Both versions are great. QS had some real funny moments, but then again so did everybody. They need to space these things out though. (SPOILER)While they were building up the tension with getting out of the city all I can think about was Ultron saying, "Oh for gods sake!" after Hulk threw him out of the plane.

Hawkeye had the best lines in the whole movie. Only main thing that bugs me is how they had to sidestep around the X-Men license. Smurfing Fox.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The best line in the whole movie is...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    The city is flying and we're fighting an army of robots. And I have a bow and arrow. Nothing makes sense.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I can agree with the people saying it was good and thoroughly entertaining but no where near perfect or nearly as good as the first Avengers film.

I did love it, don't get me wrong, but I went back at watched the first Avengers this weekend and it's a waaaaaaaay better film. For what it is (a superhero action flick) it's pretty much flawless. Age of Ultron does feel like the same spirit and passion isn't there, even though it is still really good. Like it was more of a contractual obligation than a labor of love.

I kind of hate to admit it, but the more I think about it, in addition to the first Avengers, I think I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America: The Winter Soldier better than Age of Ultron.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I agree that the humor was forced at times, however, what sets these films apart from say 'The Dark Knight' trilogy is they aren't going for the 'this is deadly smurfing serious' vision that those films were built upon. These films are guaranteed fun.

The first one was better - I remember being more engaged in the cinema. Still definitely worth seeing though!

Str8 Pimpin'

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    in addition to the first Avengers, I think I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America: The Winter Soldier better than Age of Ultron.
    Same for me as well, but I need to give it a second chance because I was really tired when I went to go see it. I'd probably have enjoyed it more if I hadn't fallen asleep during a some of the non-action parts. I'm so over Black Widow's character though.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Winter Soldier is one of the best comic book franchise movies ever. Strangely, it's probably the darkest Marvel movie to date as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Winter Soldier is one of the best comic book franchise movies ever. Strangely, it's probably the darkest Marvel movie to date as well.
    I remember reading an article that said none of the solo Marvel movies will ever beat the Avengers in terms of blockbuster and that they shouldn't even try.

Then Winter Soldier came out.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Agreed with y'all - Winter Soldier is by far my favourite entry in the MCU, and I'm thinking that Civil War is going to be the de facto 'Avengers 2' for me.