Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What happened to them?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Hartman View Post
    Desperately trying to bring back old members to increase activity, are we?
    Otherwise they have to deal with me monopolizing the top posters list.

I was on the top posters list once... About 8 days ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Hi y'all

I have many feelings swirling through my head, most not appropriate for this sort of thread.

On topic - I think a lot about other people, especially those I haven't seen in a long time and who were part of my life in some way. People at EoFF fit this criteria. But for some reason I never actually take the obvious step of reaching out and contacting them - I need to be prodded. Some day I will overcome that, until then I remain deficient in this essential human aspect.

Cheers!

Mel and GooeyToast.

In 2009, you all helped me win my first job out of college via voting! I saved up some money from that 1-year contract and made a YouTube channel for fun: http://www.youtube.com/AskJoshy

I was commentating competitive games of StarCraft II because I loved the game, had beta access, had radio experience, and video editing experience. I had a blast being my own boss and turned the channel into a profitable one. At my peak in 2011, I was getting ~600,000 views per month and hit 56,000 subscribers!

In 2011, my game knowledge and marketing degree landed me a job at IGN.com working on the "IGN Pro League," a professional StarCraft II tournament series. We eventually added other games like League of Legends and in August 2012, I sealed a huge deal with a new game called ShootMania that didn't end up becoming popular. However, it did earn me a trip to Paris which was awesome. I commentated two live tournaments in Las Vegas and San Francisco before IPL closed its doors in April 2013.

But all was not lost! Blizzard Entertainment, the studio that makes World of Warcraft, Diablo, and of course StarCraft, hired 25 or so IPL folks and I ended up as an Associate eSports Manager there. This month I celebrated two years with the company, and it's the job that I've held longest.

As I write this, I am sitting in a rehearsal for a collegiate Heroes of the Storm tournament called "Heroes if the Dorm." It will make television history on Sunday when it is broadcast live on ESPN2! http://www.heroesofthedorm.com

If you want to follow along with the cool eSports stuff I get into, follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AskJoshy

Next month I am hoping to meet fellow EoFFer eestlinc at a Magic: the Gathering tournament in Las Vegas! : D

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    In 2009, you all helped me win my first job out of college via voting! I saved up some money from that 1-year contract and made a YouTube channel for fun: http://www.youtube.com/AskJoshy

I was commentating competitive games of StarCraft II because I loved the game, had beta access, had radio experience, and video editing experience. I had a blast being my own boss and turned the channel into a profitable one. At my peak in 2011, I was getting ~600,000 views per month and hit 56,000 subscribers!

In 2011, my game knowledge and marketing degree landed me a job at IGN.com working on the "IGN Pro League," a professional StarCraft II tournament series. We eventually added other games like League of Legends and in August 2012, I sealed a huge deal with a new game called ShootMania that didn't end up becoming popular. However, it did earn me a trip to Paris which was awesome. I commentated two live tournaments in Las Vegas and San Francisco before IPL closed its doors in April 2013.

But all was not lost! Blizzard Entertainment, the studio that makes World of Warcraft, Diablo, and of course StarCraft, hired 25 or so IPL folks and I ended up as an Associate eSports Manager there. This month I celebrated two years with the company, and it's the job that I've held longest.

As I write this, I am sitting in a rehearsal for a collegiate Heroes of the Storm tournament called "Heroes if the Dorm." It will make television history on Sunday when it is broadcast live on ESPN2! http://www.heroesofthedorm.com

If you want to follow along with the cool eSports stuff I get into, follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AskJoshy

Next month I am hoping to meet fellow EoFFer eestlinc at a Magic: the Gathering tournament in Las Vegas! : D
    Holy trout, that is awesome!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post

start commentating the DayZ Survivor gamez

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

WELL LOOK WHO IT IS

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevala View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan randomly View Post
    We tried pics of members in skimpy outfits, but eugenebikini.jpg put paid to that.
    bootay.jpg
    how dare you

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Linus
    Halan ;-;
    Pssh, you're friends with both of us on Facebook.

esports are smurfing terrible

hello people with pre-2003 joindates

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Whatever happened to Lockharted & shion?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Hey, look at that, a Mexican Princess.

kikimm and I became friends on lastfm a little while ago so she's still alive but neither of us really use it often. I know a little why she doesn't come around here anymore and it's not likely she'll be back.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    they changed names, dickbutt
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    they changed names, dickbutt
    oh-really-tell-xfdqq9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalevala View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan randomly View Post
    We tried pics of members in skimpy outfits, but eugenebikini.jpg put paid to that.
    bootay.jpg
    how dare you
    I couldn't resist.