Thread: Jared Leto's Joker...

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Yeah, that looks much better.
    Agreed

Also it's Jared Leto. He will be shirtless at some point.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If the joker really wanted to be sadistic he would have had the "damaged" tattoo written in comic sans.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    If the joker really wanted to be sadistic he would have had the "damaged" tattoo written in comic sans.
    Or more accurately, the Jokerman font which is equally terrible.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

the tattoos are still dumb
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Looks like Shiny nailed it.

Shows promise, though I don't know if Jared Leto should be trying to do the Heath Ledger Joker voice.

Was that Batman? Batman is in this movie? -looks up IMDb- I be damn, Batfleck is in this, too.

Margot Robbie is hot.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's a lot of confusion about accepting Jared Leto to play as Joker as fans were hesitant to accept Heath Ledger to play the Joker, but I think that most people recognize Leto as a pretty solid actor whereas with Ledger is was like "what is this prettyboy doing in our circle" sort of thing. I truly feel like the presentation of the Joker himself is what is off-putting to fans in general.

I did some reading on an analysis of Leto's Joker, and it's kindof brought me to an understanding of his character. He's still not my preferred Joker, but I feel like I am not able to reconcile the direction they are taking him in based on this article, specifically with comparisons to Jack Nicholson’s gangster Joker and Heath Ledger’s iconic anarchist Joker and then stating that Leto's Joker may be the first to be an actual totally unhinged psychopath.

I don't agree that he will be the best Joker ever, but his role with Joker's evolution throughout time makes sense. Joker has been in prison and has lost any shred of sanity that still lingered. The tattoos are sortof a cheap and obvious way of stamping "prisonmate" on him, and his teeth have been replaced via prison system because they were knocked clean out by Batman before he was put away. His descent into utter psychopathic madness makes sense; it's just not my favorite story of Joker's.

Plus, the creators would be outright stupid to try to make him into a copy of Heath Ledger's Joker because he wouldn't get near the level of transformation involved to pull it off. They are working with what they can and playing to Leto's strengths for the character. It might work, it might not. Either way, I have no doubt in Leto's acting ability. It's the portrayal of this Joker that I doubt instead. I do appreciate the evolution of Joker, though. It's something I've always found very interesting.

We'll see, I guess.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There was footage of him acting quite campy. In all honesty, I feel his portrayal will be too cartoony and off-putting. He is a solid actor (sometimes), but he has the tendency to over-act. I saw him in a film where he was doing the most ridiculous o-face I have ever seen in a sex scene and will never forgive him for that. Heath never really over-acted not even in the terrible films he was in, but I don't want to compare them because they're two different people and actors.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually didn't watch the clip because I am a trailer avoider

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm okay with it.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles
    Blog Entries

I didn't see a lot of camp in his scene, but then again I associate campy with a lot worse these days.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I just don't...I don't know. I don't have the energy for this. I'll probably see it if enough friends want to go or something. Looks okay. Same thing with the Superman V Batman Turbo Edition & Knuckles.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can someone recommend me a decent Jared Leto film? As in, one where he is worthy of this 'great actor' label which he has been given. I watched The Dallas Buyers Club recently and was frankly shocked that he won an Oscar for that. I've seen him in Fight Club and Alexander and whilst he is definitely watchable, I would hardly describe him as great.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My favourite film he is in is Requiem For A Dream. He's pretty good in that.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Who on earth has ever given Jared Leto a great actor label? The only film of his he's ever had much acclaim for was Dallas Buyer's Club. Before that he was more known for his terrible music band.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"