I'm playing it on Steam so....

I've heard a lot about this version, including warnings about the ramped up difficulty. Naturally this makes me nervous but I'm doing the best I can. I just reached Damcyan and wanted to report on a few of my thoughts....

1. Never did think about how Kain was urging Cecil to run off with him and seek aid from other lands in rebelling against the King of Baron. I wonder if he was being genuine or if he honestly believed that and then just got brainwashed afterward?

2. Some things just become more...awkward with voice-acting and "real time" scenes. I mean, Jesus, Anna's dead all of five seconds and Cecil and Rydia laying into Edward just feels a tad unfair. "Suck it up, ya pansy! The love of your life has been dead for almost half a minute already! Time to move on."

3. Tellah continues to be the best character in the game.

4. I worry about being stuck with Kain, Rosa and Edge at the end o the game. Edge in particular I hated and was profoundly glad when I could drop him back in Advanced. Kain was okay but he just wasn't a favorite of mine so I liked being able to use others.

5 I've been told repeatedly to watch out for Augments and to follow a FAQ as they are the most important gameplay mechanic in this version.

6. I like the thought bubbles. It's a neat and simple way to convey changing characterization.

Any advice you would all like to give would be welcome.