Thread: There's rumors of a Fox X-Men reboot, going around...

Default There's rumors of a Fox X-Men reboot, going around...

Can An X-Men Movie Reboot Succeed Without Marvel?

Screen Rant, talks about the breadcrumbs leading up to this Fox X-Men reboot. But what do you think? Are you ready for yet another reboot to a 20th Century Fox comic book film property?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm so sick of reboots. Days of Future Past was a nice soft reboot that fixed the timeline. Just go from there. The only X-Men reboot I want to see is one where Marvel Studios has full creative control over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I'm so sick of reboots. Days of Future Past was a nice soft reboot that fixed the timeline. Just go from there. The only X-Men reboot I want to see is one where Marvel Studios has full creative control over it.

If Marvel Studios ever gets the X-Men and the Fantastic Four back, I think those two properties should go to Netflix, because the Daredevil series worked out, so great on Netflix.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

yeah i gotta agree with torij on this one. i thought days of future past was the kind of reboot the movies needed. i'd like to see another movie that's following that continuity.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_10921 View Post

If Marvel Studios ever gets the X-Men and the Fantastic Four back, I think those two properties should go to Netflix, because the Daredevil series worked out, so great on Netflix.
    I don't know. Thing about Daredevil is they wouldn't need to do too much in the special effects department (I wouldn't think) because of how his powers worked. X-Men is about a group of superpowered mutants battling other groups of superpowered mutants (or twenty foot tall robots) in battles with lots of explosions and breaking things. I feel a live action TV show would be expensive to make and even then we wouldn't have the same quality of special effects we'd get from the movies.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

X-Men is worth way too much money, and so live-action pieces are almost certainly going to be for movies. Definitely not Netflix. Daredevil was a quirky product Marvel had that hadn't done anything since a terrible movie over a decade ago; that is far from the multi-billion dollar juggernaut that is the X-Men franchise.

X-Men is the lone Marvel name that has actually done well (at least financially) without Marvel. That is in large part due to excellent casting, with a few of the movies being legitimately good in their own right. So if it's a reboot, it should be with the same cast, after Days of Future Past (which that seems tailor-made for), or I guess a "partial reboot" (or retcon, I suppose). I thought that's what the series was turning into, anyway, so I'm not sure why there are rumors of anything else.

The only way I'd be ok with a complete reboot is if Marvel got the rights back, as I think it would be worth it in the long run.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Batman Begins was the cool reboot but then it got played out with Amazing Spiderman. Enough with the reboots. Just continue off of all the retconning Days of Future Past did and it will be fine.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Considering they are continuing on from Days of Future Past I'm not sure why there'd be any rumours of a reboot. Their last three movies were fantastic and did well and they're making a sequel to them right now. Who the hell plans a reboot in those circumstances?

The only reason I see them rebooting is if they come to an agreement with/sell the rights back to Marvel Studios. Days of Future Past pretty much cleared up a lot of the crap and pretty much brushed Wolverine: Origins under the rug.

I'd love to see the X-Men in the MCU, but at the same time there's so many X-Men characters and storylines that it's probably best for them to stay in their own cinematic universe. Fox has done pretty well with their X-Movies recently and with X-Men: Apocalypse and Deadpool both looking pretty great so far, I don't really have a problem with them handling X-Men for the forseable future.

Fantastic Four, on the other hand, will hopefully Tank and allow Marvel to scoop up the rights again and integrate them into the MCU.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

These reboots of Marvel films are getting ridiculous. Hulk got a reboot just five years after it was released. Fantastic Four is getting a reboot just eight years after Rise of the Silver Surfer and less than ten years after the first movie. Spider-Man also got rebooted less than ten years after it's first movie. X-Men has also been rebooted...kind of.

I mean, why not put all that money and time into stuff we haven't seen yet? There are tons upon tons of comic book properties that have never had any sort of film or tv show based on them yet. I mean, Marvel is starting to do that more with things like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man but there's still way too many reboots overshadowing in the meantime.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    These reboots of Marvel films are getting ridiculous. Hulk got a reboot just five years after it was released. Fantastic Four is getting a reboot just eight years after Rise of the Silver Surfer and less than ten years after the first movie. Spider-Man also got rebooted less than ten years after it's first movie. X-Men has also been rebooted...kind of.

I mean, why not put all that money and time into stuff we haven't seen yet? There are tons upon tons of comic book properties that have never had any sort of film or tv show based on them yet. I mean, Marvel is starting to do that more with things like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man but there's still way too many reboots overshadowing in the meantime.
    Same reason people keep bringing back the 80's. Most studios don't want to take a risk with something that isn't well known so they go back to things that did make money in the past and already has an audience. Although in the case of the Hulk that was more because they were leading to the Avengers and wanted a Hulk solo film to build up to it. That movie couldn't decide if it wanted to be a reboot or a sequel, though.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Same reason people keep bringing back the 80's. Most studios don't want to take a risk with something that isn't well known so they go back to things that did make money in the past and already has an audience.
    Yeah you're right. It still annoys the crap out of me that studios just want to resell us the same repackaged story every five to ten years it seems like. It's the same thing that's happened in the video game industry as well.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_10921 View Post
    Can An X-Men Movie Reboot Succeed Without Marvel?

Screen Rant, talks about the breadcrumbs leading up to this Fox X-Men reboot. But what do you think? Are you ready for yet another reboot to a 20th Century Fox comic book film property?
    We better get used to them rebooting super hero movies. They have a huge fan base and Hollywood is going to keep bringing them back and crapping them out no matter if you're with or against them. Just remember...its all about what the tweenies want. XD

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I don't really care who's publishing or funding or releasing them as long as Bryan Singer is directing them.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?