Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yooka-Laylee

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

yeah .5 and not even a full day has passed. People want them some banjo-kazooing action!

800,000 Pounds so far.

Just 40,000 Bison Dollars left to the final stretch goal of releasing on every platform simultaneously.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I never played the Banjo games but damn if I haven't been yearning for a good platformer. They're in such short supply these days. I mean hell, has there been a single eighth gen platformer besides Knack yet?

I'm gonna play the hell out of this assuming it actually sees the light of day (because y'know...Kickstarter...).
    I like Kung-Fu.

So, they've completed everything except the final stretch goal, and it's still been less than 24 hours since the Kickstarter launched. Currently sitting around 1.3 million dollars, or 9 hundred thousand pounds.

n6dC2X7.png

Apparently the pace at which stretch goals are being met has not gone unnoticed by Playtonic.

CD440vtVEAE1vz6.jpg

Leaked concept artwork of the main characters.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Apologies for the double post.

Two new stretch goals added:

At 1,100,000 pounds: An N64 shader mode and "GK Rap + Video" for the end credits written by Grant Kirkhope.

At 1,200,000 pounds: Developer walkthrough and commentary video.

Currently only 10,000 pounds away from the first of these additional stretch goals.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wow! I went to sleep and it easily gained 1 million since I last looked. WOW. YAY!!!

Based on the first couple posts, they were making around $6,000/minute .... That is insane. And it's an extended Kickstarter of 45 days instead of the usual 30. They are going to be rolling in millions of dollars. And good on them. I'm glad there are some fairytale stories like this where companies are trying to give people what they want, and are granted the means to give to them, by the people who want it. When these things work (as they sometimes do) it's completely win/win. I never played Banjo, and never enjoyed Donkey Kong Country. But while I can't afford to kick them anything at the morning, I fully support this endeavor, because my prayers were already answered with Pillars of Eternity, and Torment and I want other fans to be able to experience that joy. And the market needs more quality old school platformers

Articles
    Blog Entries

Faith in humanity restored.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    CD440vtVEAE1vz6.jpg

Leaked concept artwork of the main characters.
    Pokemons!
    I like Kung-Fu.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Looks promising.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Looks cool. I really enjoyed Banjo-Kazooie, but I wasn't super hardcore into it. Still very enjoyable.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

H Y P E
    Y
    P
    E
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    Looks cool. I really enjoyed Banjo-Kazooie, but I wasn't super hardcore into it. Still very enjoyable.
    Yeah I thought Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, and Conker's Bad Fur Day were all better than Banjo-Kazooie. However I did really like B-K and B-T and there has been quite a void in the 3D platform genre. Other than Mario Galaxy, there hasn't been anything promising in this area for years.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The 1.5 million pound goal has been reached, so we will have a full orchestrated soundtrack for the game.

New stretch goal: 2 million pounds. "Payback Time". DLC that will only be worked on once the game is finished and released, and will be given out free to backers.

Smashing it up like a student in Yates’s, Yooka-Laylee backers have strawpedo’d their way through the latest stretch goal, and so now an orchestral soundtrack will be enjoyed by all. But before you stumble towards the high street intending to disseminate a large donner meat and chips – wait, because there’s more...

The entire Playtonic team would like to offer its sincere thanks to everyone who has backed the Yooka-Laylee campaign so far. Our intention from the beginning was to use Kickstarter as a means to improve our game, and by helping us reach an incredible £1.5 million you’ve shaped it into one fine specimen.

From the start of the campaign we also pledged to do best by your amazing support by only setting stretch goals that would improve the game, without negatively affecting core development.

Our next stretch goal, if reached, will be used only to further improve and polish Yooka-Laylee, and give something back for your amazing support. Namely, we’ll release our first post-release DLC pack free of charge for all backers.

When – and only when – we’ve finished and shipped the full version of Yooka-Laylee, we’ll start work on additional content that will be distributed to backers free of charge for their platform of choice. And again, all additional funding will of course go towards improving and polishing the game.

Thanks again for your support, and don’t forget to project your questions and ideas at our social channels on Twitter, Facebook and indeed this very Kickstarter page.

I'm seriously considering kicking these guys something before the end of their campaign, even if I don't end up enjoying the game as much as others, I genuinely love what they're accomplishing. And who knows, the end result may be something timeless and universally enjoyed, like a good Mario'esque title or something and I may not be left out of the enjoyment loop. I've bought games, and backed campaigns out of principle before