Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you like Sailor Moon? Or Not?

Default Do you like Sailor Moon? Or Not?

I've never been THAT huge of a fan of the Sailor Moon anime but I do like this jazzy song, I've found that's kinda/sorta about Sailor Moon.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yes. I've been a fan since I was a kid. I was introduced through the S season on Cartoon Network while visiting my cousins and took home some of their video tapes to watch. I now have most of them on DVD, and what I don't have on DVD I have on VHS. One of my all time favorite shows growing up and I have a couple of the manga volumes too. I even watched some of the live action show and the musicals. I love me some Sailor Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Yes. I've been a fan since I was a kid. I was introduced through the S season on Cartoon Network while visiting my cousins and took home some of their video tapes to watch. I now have most of them on DVD, and what I don't have on DVD I have on VHS. One of my all time favorite shows growing up and I have a couple of the manga volumes too. I even watched some of the live action show and the musicals. I love me some Sailor Moon.

The only thing I don't like about Sailor Moon is the English theme song at the beginning of the anime. I mean that horrible kiddie dubbed theme song is a major turn-off for me, but that Platina Jazz song that I've found is smurfing awesome. It's like they took the Japanese Sailor Moon lyrics and made a catchy jazz song out of it.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I... I don't know. I couldn't watch the old cartoon network version from a long time ago, but I've never given another version a chance.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_10921 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post

The only thing I don't like about Sailor Moon is the English theme song at the beginning of the anime. I mean that horrible kiddie dubbed theme song is a major turn-off for me, but that Platina Jazz song that I've found is smurfing awesome. It's like they took the Japanese Sailor Moon lyrics and made a catchy jazz song out of it.
    I love the English theme and the Japanese themes. I still have my Sailor Moon soundtrack.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Sailor Moon in all incarnations is top tier 10/10 anime

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

No, I liked DBZ instead

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Sailor Moon in all incarnations is top tier 10/10 anime
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Yes~ I'm a 29 year old dude and I still like it. The first season's opening credits is a nostalgia bomb classic that can't be outdone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Everybody listen to Shauna.

I never gave it a chance as a child because television network marketing brainwashed me into thinking it was strictly for girls. I'd like to give it a chance now, but I fear that ship has sailed and I won't enjoy it without getting any nostalgic pleasure out of it. Does it hold its own? Or is this something you had to have been introduced to as a child?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

While I have not seen the newest version of Sailor Moon, though I'm not sure if I will get to that, I will say that I do like Sailor Moon. I did draw Sailor Jupiter back in high school for someone. She saw that I could draw and asked if I can draw Sailor Jupiter for her, so I was like sure. I drew it back home and gave it to her the next day. No biggy. Sailor Moon was one of the first anime I did get to watch though.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I tried to go back and watch the english dub for nostalgia reasons and wanted to punch myself. The sub of the older series is better. Crystal is my jam though. I want the dvds.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The original dubbed version is absolutely atrocious, but the new dub that came out not too long ago is pretty alright as it pretty much perfectly mirrors the original Japanese. Here it is! I think the sub is also on here somewhere so you can do what you want.

(EDIT: Goddamn, they don't have all the new dub on here, they get rid of them periodically, which is terrible)

I feel that it holds up, but I also have nostalgia goggles fused to my face when it comes to Sailor Moon, so.

Give it a couple of episodes, if you don't like it then that's that.

I wouldn't recommend Sailor Moon Crystal to anyone who is new to Sailor Moon, though.

I watched a little...ages ago.