Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Friendships/Relationships?

What are your favourite Final fantasy friendships or even just relationships between characters. Other than main couples. So like, do you like the friendship between Steiner and Vivi? Or the friendship/rivalry between Aeris and Tifa? Those types of things!

Ooooh. For a minute there when I looked at the topic I thought you were asking about friends with benefits, lol.

Never thought Tifa or Aeris had any sort of rivalry other than having common interest in Cloud. I will say that Aeris took advantage of what Tifa was taking for granted, even than in Advent Children Cloud and Tifa remained friends......which is weird because he had always had a crush on her and she was his motivation to run off and join Shinra and eventually enroll in Soldier....which never happened.

Yet they are still in each other's friend zone. I don't get it and that's probably because I don't think I could understand or comprehend what their relationship in the game was.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Tidus and Wakka were really bros with each other. I enjoyed Lulu's relationship with Yuna, too.

Irvine and Zell fighting each other always gave me a laugh.

FFXIV Character

Zelfina Ai'ada (Diabolos)

I will echo the Irvine and Zell one, they were just great. Laguna/Kiros/Ward was another great one for me. I also really liked Wakka/Rikku. They never became friends, really, but the character growth that Wakka displayed as a result of their obligatory interactions spoke volumes. He went from despising her inclusion in the party and refusing to acknowledge her as a person, to ultimately understanding and realizing that she and the Al Bhed really weren't much different than him. All the terrible things he thought he "knew" about the Al Bhed, and she helped him realize that he was just accepting the rumors and insults spread by intolerant bigots.

Wow, I actually think there are so many more I could list.

I really like Zidane and Vivi's friendship. They're so nice for each other and they have a lot of similarities, even if we don't know that at the beginning of the game.

Fang and Vanille.
    I'm not sure if they were lovers, but they were definitely soulmates.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'm also going to say Laguna, Kiros, and Ward. They were my favorite part of VIII. Vivi and Zidane had a great friendship too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Ooooh. For a minute there when I looked at the topic I thought you were asking about friends with benefits, lol.

Never thought Tifa or Aeris had any sort of rivalry other than having common interest in Cloud. I will say that Aeris took advantage of what Tifa was taking for granted, even than in Advent Children Cloud and Tifa remained friends......which is weird because he had always had a crush on her and she was his motivation to run off and join Shinra and eventually enroll in Soldier....which never happened.

Yet they are still in each other's friend zone. I don't get it and that's probably because I don't think I could understand or comprehend what their relationship in the game was.
    The tie-in novels make it vela that they became a couple.

My favorite FF couple are Fran and Balthier. I love them so much more than the others if only because they are so subtle about it (seriously, I can't believe how blind people are about it, considering shippers usually interpret everything as romantic). You meet them as a couple who's already been through a lot together. They don't need words to understand each other and the body language they use towards each other is filled with so much trust, affection, and passion it's not even funny. And judging by Balthier's throwaway line about Fran being tied up, I get the feeling they have a pretty kinky sex life.

I love them so much that I want to write a story about how Fran abandoned her village with the man who made her fall in love with the sky, and I don't even do fanfic!

Also, I liked Aerith and Zack in Crisi Core. They were adorable.

I also loved the friendship between Cecil and Kain and how it plays out between FFIV and The After Years. You can tell that no matter what goes wrong and who loses himself, the other will be there to get him back up on his feet. And this in spite of all the betrayal, which I feel only made their bond stronger.

As a kid, I always wanted Squall to end up with Quistis I don't even know why. I also vote for Zidane and Vivi. Very cute together. Sephiroth's love affair with himself led to some nice moments too.

Galuf and Bartz friendship. Because they were both pimps. And the generation gap still made them on good terms with each other.