Thread: Yuna and Tidus....broke up?

Default Yuna and Tidus....broke up?

So...lets put aside that Tidus and Yuna don't have the perfect relationship. They apparently have issues just like any other couple. I hear they break up in this story called Final Fantasy X Will.In this story it never really says they get back together. But I assume they may work past it as they're relationship after X-2 isn't really that much different than Cloud and Tifa's friend zone complex.

Well, I'll get to the point. I found this thing on Final Fantasy X wiki. Some of you Final Fantasy X guru's may have read about it.

Its where Tidus...breaks up with Yuna...I'm not sure for how long. Goes and lives in Luca....becomes a star Blitz Ball Player and lives his old dream as he once did on the Zanarkand Abes. He also meets another woman who....he gets in a relationship with and Yuna's all like....Its all water under the bridge.

Here it is....some other member might have posted this ages ago. I'm not sure.

Six months later, Tidus has become a blitzball star in Spira despite being weaker than he used to be.Chuami and Kurgum are being sent to Besaid by Baralai, leader of the Spira Council, to meet with Yuna and they meet Tidus on the Bevelle Stadium Road. Chuami notices he's injured and has little energy, although he is trying to hide it. Chuami and Kurgum return to Bevelle with Yuna, who rushes to meet with Tidus. Yuna had previously told Chuami that Tidus is her boyfriend, but when Chuami and Kurgum eavesdrop on the conversation between the two, it seems they are breaking up. Yuna is jealous of Tidus's friend Marphie, but soon tells him she doesn't care anymore, and has already got another person she likes. Tidus asks who it is but Yuna tells him it's someone he doesn't know and leaves.

Chuami and Kurgum part ways with the latter accompanying Yuna and Wakka, and the former returning to Besaid with Tidus. When Tidus asks Lulu about Yuna's new love interest, Lulu says she thought Tidus would know Yuna better and tells him to find out himself. She says that if something else can be brought back, then Sin's revival shouldn't be surprising. After Tidus figures out the meaning behind Lulu's words, they depart. On a ship with Lulu and Chuami, Tidus says he wants to follow Yuna and the others on her new journey, since he promised to be with her forever.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tidus
    Last edited by Richard; 05-02-2015 at 02:58 PM.

You do not need to read about it, it is existent as Audio Drama on the HD Remaster. Just wait for the future.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Just makes me glad I didn't waste my time trying to get 100% on X-2.

Uh, wait, what? I thought Tidus stopped existing. Was this supposed to take place somewhere during the game that was just glossed over and made up by the developers later on or something? Or did they supposedly find some way for him to be re-imagined as a real person and forced back into existence

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Uh, wait, what? I thought Tidus stopped existing. Was this supposed to take place somewhere during the game that was just glossed over and made up by the developers later on or something? Or did they supposedly find some way for him to be re-imagined as a real person and forced back into existence
    Not played X-2, I'm gathering

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    The entire point of X-2 was Tidus returning after being re-summoned.

It is the True Ending of the game. Actually he also returns in the Good Ending already.

EDIT@below me: That is not a relevant difference at all. But once again just tried to say something against me and therefore ignoring the actual important context, I see.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 01-01-2017 at 12:17 PM.

I've seen many people play and/or review (or hate on) it. But I've never had it spoiled for me I guess. I've read and seen many things regarding Tidus being an imagined version of Shuyin that the fayd choir whatever created in a dream or something. But I thought that was the point. Them finding out his origins, not actually accomplishing it. That's pretty cool. That makes it less bittersweet, and I think I'd appreciate that more. Maybe I'll try the game someday now. Because I have no investment in playing a game just to learn about some other dude if that's all there was to it. Thanks. Spoiler actually made the game better to me now lol

Eh, oh well

There's always a chance for Tidus/ Rikku now

Articles
    Blog Entries

Suuuuure, that's totally them breaking up instead of Yuna just lying with the intention of making a selfless sacrifice yet again. Yup.

Blog Entries

Didn't the plotline get the equivalent of being taken around the back and shot (by a clown on a space hopper) after all the drama a year or so ago over this trout?

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Didn't the plotline get the equivalent of being taken around the back and shot (by a clown on a space hopper) after all the drama a year or so ago over this trout?
    Yes it did, and with good reason.

Because it sucks!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

There is a vast difference between the ending of FFX and what the Audio Drama did. It's cute that you think they're the same thing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Eh, oh well

I felt Tidus had more in common with Rikku than he did Yuna. They're too opposite since it's obvious Tidus would agree with Rikku that it's harmless that Machina is harmless and neither care about the Yevon religion.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Holy crap, after all these years you are still into this game. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Eh, oh well

I felt Tidus had more in common with Rikku than he did Yuna. They're too opposite since it's obvious Tidus would agree with Rikku that it's harmless that Machina is harmless and neither care about the Yevon religion.
    I also feel this way. That's why I think Tidus/Rikku should be real!