Thread: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? returns in the summer of 2015

Default Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? returns in the summer of 2015

http://www.people.com/article/are-yo...grader-returns

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You....S._game_show)

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, the show that schools adults on what they forgot in grammar school, will return in the summer of 2015. Jeff Foxworthy will return as the host.

On the original series, I knew the answers to a significant amount of the questions that were asked. The aim of the original primetime series was to win $1 million by answering 11 questions based on school subjects ranging from 1st to 5th grades. If the contestant does not win the million, he or she must say "I am not smarter than a 5th grader."
    Is that your final answer?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I played a flash game for this and only got 40% so I know I'm not.

I remember watching this show to find first grade questions that was so utterly ridiculously I would've thought they were higher up.

The show relies on the logic that an adult would not remember the information taught to them in elementary school. What I like about the show is that it tests the knowledge of what adults have retained from elementary school, but what I don't like is that the show makes them look stupid if they don't know the answers. When the show has the contestant say "I am not smarter than a 5th grader," they're basically telling the contestant to call himself or herself an idiot.

I have to wonder how high school and college students would fare on this show, though, because I remembered that many of the contestants on the original series were in their 30s and beyond. To be on the show, you either have to be 10-11 years old to be a member of the class, or be 18 years or older to be a contestant.

Also, this show has been adapted in several countries worldwide.

I missed the first episode, but I caught the second episode. I knew most of the answers, but there were a few questions to which I had no idea what the answers were.