Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would the female version of James Bond be like?

I agree with this idea

But she has to order her martini shaken, but not stirred.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm all for some sort of spinoff where it's a female equivalent to James Bond. Making a female "James Bond" would just be silly though.
    I like Kung-Fu.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i dont see why not
    some agree that the name and the designation 007 is passed on through people regularly
    "007's don't have a long lifespan" i think something like that came up in the movies
    fleming would probably spin in his grave or whatever but i mean

It sounds like a cool idea. But not as a spin-off to James Bond and not in the Bond universe.
    A female spy heroine who is a badass and a really goid fighter.
    Now who do we know of who is like that?
    Ride with the steel and the power of the sword.
    Stand up and fight now and forever more.
    Rise through the night sky with daylight's desire.
    To be free there must be Black Fire.
    Black Fire by DragonForce. \m/

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFire View Post
    It sounds like a cool idea. But not as a spin-off to James Bond and not in the Bond universe.
    Black Widow. Seriously don't know why this movie hasn't been made yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFire View Post
    Black Widow. Seriously don't know why this movie hasn't been made yet.
    The MCU is slacking. Of all the Marvel heroes in the MCU, Black Widow should really have her own film. But at this point only a little of her back story has been explained.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did none of you watch Alias? Sydney Bristow was the most badass spy around.

Also, not sure if y'all are aware but traditionally male names for girls is totally the trendy thing these days. Ryan Renolds and Blake Lively named their baby girl James. James as a middle name for girls was also pretty popular amongst a certain crowd last year. Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard named their girl Lincoln. I think Jessica Simpson named her daughter Maxwell. So yeah, there's gonna be a generation of girls with traditionally male names so a female "James Bond" isn't that much of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Did none of you watch Alias? Sydney Bristow was the most badass spy around.

Also, not sure if y'all are aware but traditionally male names for girls is totally the trendy thing these days. Ryan Renolds and Blake Lively named their baby girl James. James as a middle name for girls was also pretty popular amongst a certain crowd last year. Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard named their girl Lincoln. I think Jessica Simpson named her daughter Maxwell. So yeah, there's gonna be a generation of girls with traditionally male names so a female "James Bond" isn't that much of a stretch.
    Oh yea. I forgot about Alias. It has been a few years since I watched it. Seen all episodes.
    Sydney is the perfect equivlent of a James Bond type character.

As for girls taking on male names more and more. There's bound to be confusion.
    "My friend James is AWESOME!"
    "What is so awesome about him?"
    "Him? He is a she!"
    "A She?!?!?"

See what I mean?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I always forget that show existed until I see a cast member on something else.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

For no objective reason what so ever, the idea of this makes me face plant. Make a super cool spy character, with no relation to the 007 franchise and I'm all good for it. But simply making some artificial reconfiguration of a pre-existing movie-verse just reeks of Generation X and Y's inability to invent an idea from scratch, instead of bathing in the richness of an older and more creative generation of folks.

We got James Pond in the late eighties, that's enough.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    For no objective reason what so ever, the idea of this makes me face plant. Make a super cool spy character, with no relation to the 007 franchise and I'm all good for it. But simply making some artificial reconfiguration of a pre-existing movie-verse just reeks of Generation X and Y's inability to invent an idea from scratch, instead of bathing in the richness of an older and more creative generation of folks.

You mean the same generation who gave us Supergirl, Batgirl, and a bunch of other female versions of popular characters to appeal to a female demographic instead of making a new superhero from scratch?

That generation?

FFXIV Character

You mean the same generation who gave us Supergirl, Batgirl, and a bunch of other female versions of popular characters to appeal to a female demographic instead of making a new superhero from scratch?

That generation?
    At least they created the original vision in order to invent the bastardised derivatives. Making everything dark and brooding is the early 21st century equivalent of the 1980s ambition to have a Pepsi trademark in every frame of a motion picture.

Make a character that works. A female James Bond would just be cringeworthy, and belongs on fanfiction.net, where the rest of the internets bad ideas exist.

I'm not a fan of the baby boomers, but they invented the Web, so I exclude them from severe lambast...despite screwing up every other facet of life.
    Last edited by Leigh; 05-11-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That generation?
    At least they created the original vision in order to invent the bastardised derivatives. Making everything dark and brooding is the early 21st century equivalent of the 1980s ambition to have a Pepsi trademark in every frame of a motion picture.

Make a character that works. A female James Bond would just be cringeworthy, and belongs on fanfiction.net, where the rest of the internets bad ideas exist.

I'm not a fan of the baby boomers, but they invented the Web, so I exclude them from severe lambast...despite screwing up every other facet of life.
    Considering both Superman and Batman were created in the thirties before the Baby Boom period, no, they didn't.

FFXIV Character

That generation?

Considering both Superman and Batman were created in the thirties before the Baby Boom period, no, they didn't.
    I wasn't relating to the baby boomers as being the hallmark of creative genius. I was referring to the earlier generations of Flemming, Tolkien, etc. It was more of a tongue in cheek dig at my parents mostly knackered cultural heritage, but at least they did one thing okay-ish...even though it may or may not allow a paedophille superhighway to grace the world.

I'm wondering what a female James Bond would look like.