Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would the female version of James Bond be like?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm wondering what a female James Bond would look like.
    goldeneye-publicity085.jpg

Yes, they've already made several.

Wouldn't a female James Bond just be the exact same character with a different gender? Seems slightly redundant.

She would drink fine spirits, use her good looks and charm to seduce men (because Bond is straight), and drive expensive cars lots of expensive cars. She would wear a dress, not a suit, because that's the sort of outfit that would attract the attention of the kind of people she's been sent to deal with.

Hypocritical misogynists would then proceed to call her a "slut" because she sleeps with men to get the job done, while radical feminists would call her "sexist", because she sleeps with men to get the job done. Despite being the exact same character as the male Bond, and doing the exact same things he does.
    -"If she's happy then... I don't mind."

Blog Entries

The question is as the series goes on would they use an older woman in her 30s/40s or would they keep replacing her with someone young with smooth skin. We dont usually see many older female protagonists unless it's a comedy. The only older woman as an action actor I can think of is Helen Mirran and I havent seen her as a protagonist in any such movie.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I know it's not exactly the same, but I can't help but be reminded of an old series called La Femme Nikita. I didn't pay it too much attention, but my Mum watched it often and it always struck me as a female Bond kind of thing.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Could you imagine what it would be like to be in either Vesper or Tracy's position, except the gender roles are reversed, you have a female James Bond type of spy confessing her love to you, shortly before you're about to be killed by something or someone?

I don't know about you, but I could die peacefully knowing that I was loved by a female James Bond.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Valentine View Post
    Wouldn't a female James Bond just be the exact same character with a different gender? Seems slightly redundant.

She would drink fine spirits, use her good looks and charm to seduce men (because Bond is straight), and drive expensive cars lots of expensive cars. She would wear a dress, not a suit, because that's the sort of outfit that would attract the attention of the kind of people she's been sent to deal with.

Hypocritical misogynists would then proceed to call her a "slut" because she sleeps with men to get the job done, while radical feminists would call her "sexist", because she sleeps with men to get the job done. Despite being the exact same character as the male Bond, and doing the exact same things he does.
    All of this. You hit the nail on the frigging head, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Valentine View Post

You know, an old guy working at my school asked a question like that. He said, "Why is a woman who sleeps with a thousand guys called a slut? And a guy who sleeps with a thousand girls called a stud?"

And I didn't say this to him at the time, but I think what Hypocritical misogynists believe about a woman who sleeps with that many men, is that she's "easy," and that she has no high standards when it comes to sleeping with men. And that's probably a common misconception.