Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Captain America: Civil War

Why the hell not?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America
    Language!
    Anyway, I know it's still a year away & Ant-Man still has yet to be released, but I'm really excited for this.

There's a lot of speculation as to how this "Civil War" will be played out. W/o a lot of the major players from the comics available, it's surely not going to be the same. I think it's going to have a lot to do w/ the Inhumans storyline on Agents of SHIELD. For those who don't watch it (& I don't know why you don't), recent events have led to SHIELD wanting to "index" the Inhumans, who aren't happy about it. I could imagine Cap being on the side of the Inhumans, & Tony taking the other side.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's hard to say. That might be an intro to the Inhumans in the Marvel movie universe, but I wouldn't guess that will happen until we see more of the movies. I know they want the movies to influence SHIELD, but they want to also keep the movies accessible to people who have ONLY watched the movies. This is why Coulson is not shown to be alive in the movies yet (and they've said he probably never will if I remember right).

Based on Ultron, I kind of think the Civil War is going to be more based around if the Avengers should even exist. The whole movie had to do with them dealing with their own mistakes, and their mistakes (I think) seem to cause even more destruction on a more global scale than what the aliens did in the first Avengers. You can even see the different ideologies start to form up within the team in Age of Ultron. I wouldn't be surprised if we had more of a policing force headed by Stark that exist to try to catch and lock up other super powered beings should they start trying to do their own vigilante justice. I'm positive the actual movie is going to be different, but these are the kinds of set ups I am seeing so far in the movie.

The index of the Inhumans (I really need to catch up on SHIELD) could end up being the basis though. It's easy to see who would fall on what side of the argument that I assume is forming with that issue, and it would correlate to the comic story kind of moreso than my idea, but I haven't watched much of this season of the show and feel like it would need more hints in the movie universe too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seeing that the Civil War storyarc is considered one of the worse comic book stories ever they're probably better off doing something completely different with it.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Yeah, I'm surprised they've even chose to make it into a film actually. Everyone seemingly hated that comic. I suppose it's because it will fall too perfectly into line with all the infighting between Captain America and Iron Man in AoU.

But, seeing as Disney is in charge of the project, I fully expect everything to be greatly altered from the source material and none of the characters who died in the comic to die in the film.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I look forward to the film, I wonder how much of the movie will stick to the story in the comic?
    I wonder who they might cast as Spider-Man/Peter Parker as well. He is a very big part of Civil War. Just gonna have to wait.

Side note: I can see HYDRA and Baron Helmut Zemo as the ones behind the Superhero Registration Act and therefore taking advantage of the situation.
    Ride with the steel and the power of the sword.
    Stand up and fight now and forever more.
    Rise through the night sky with daylight's desire.
    To be free there must be Black Fire.
    Black Fire by DragonForce. \m/

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

stooooooooooooked

I'm actually wondering how they're going to fit all these characters into one movie, lol.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

4 hour movie & extremely hectic pacing. Basically, make it Avengers 2 "hulked up".

Actually, I think a lot of characters will just make cameos. In particular, the Avengers. Cap & IM will get a ton of focus, BP & SM will get bit parts, but Vision, Scarlet Witch, BW, Hawkeye, etc. may just have cameos.

In a way, I hope the whole movie is just Steve & Tony slap-fighting for 2 hrs. while everyone else watches in disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man
    These guys call themselves superheroes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Panther
    In my country, men who fight like this are called Pink Panthers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Widow
    I'm so glad I went w/ Bruce instead of Steve.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That would be the best movie ever. 10/10 ***** Get it.