Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Supergirl!

The "Oh, my god, you're a lesbian," joke from this Supergirl trailer actually reminded me of a joke in Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox where Barry Allen's mother accuses him of being gay and she says, "It's okay, I love you, no matter what!"

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

They've got it going up against Gotham. Makes no sense.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That... Looks.. AWESOME! I AM SO HYPE FOR THIS I CAN'T SMURFING STAND IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    yeah, i think i'll stick with marvel

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, I'm in. A fair amount of camp but that can't be avoided. Interesting how they acknowledge Superman's existence only tangentially. Also I like 'James' Olsen.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

While I like Man of Steel, I love the tone of this show so much more. I take back what I said about the muted colors, they really don't matter here since everything else is so bright and colorful. You can tell they're actually having fun with her powers. The flying, walking into bullets, stopping a mother smurfing truck!

It looks so laughably bad it hurt my soul. I'm not sure what their target audience is but if I were part of it, I'd likely be pretty insulted.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The style between the happy go lucky "new girl in town" stuff and the superhero stuff seemed pretty jarring. That said, I think this show could find its footing in an audience that isn't into superhero stuff that much. Might seem like a bad thing, but sometimes trying to hook a fresh audience works for weird stuff like this.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

The dialogue was atrocious at times. From what I can tell, it's mainly being written by Ali Adler, and I typically like her writing, so I don't know what went wrong here.

Plus there's so much in that teaser that just flat didn't make sense. It looks like a show that's going to run on weekly doses of deus ex machina at worst, and seismic shifts in tone or theme at best.

"James" Olsen seemed to have potential until the helipad scene which ruined it for me by being overplayed, totally cheesed out silliness.

Calista Flockhart's lips. Oh honey, no. You poor thing, why do that to yourself?

Dumbest part:
    "I'm just gonna sit here and let that plane full of people plummet to the ground, killing everyone on board. Too bad I can't help.

Oh, wait, my friend is on that plane, I guess I'll learn to fly for the first time right now in the next 30 seconds so I can save her." Total complete utter bulltrout writing.

Negatives aside, there were positive things, too. Some of the acting was solid.

Takeaway: (Smallville * Updated Visuals + The Devil Wears Prada) ÷ Bad Writing = Supergirl

Articles
    Blog Entries

GTFO haters. This thread is reserved for squealing, flailing, and jumping up and down in excitement. Shoo!

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

You know, you're right. I'm sorry. I didn't even notice the "!" after "Supergirl." That says it all and I wasn't paying attention.

Please accept this gift as an apology for hampering your superfangirl circle jerk.

(SPOILER)http://rs1img.memecdn.com/super-unaw...m_4062253.webm

Oops, I meant "gif" not "gift." My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    It looks so laughably bad it hurt my soul. I'm not sure what their target audience is but if I were part of it, I'd likely be pretty insulted.
    I think the general audience for this is "not men". And I'm perfectly okay with that.

It has a nice mix between hammy and heroic, which is how I like my superhero stuff. Keep the character relationships serious, but accept that the over-the-top elements are... well... over the top, and embrace them.

Her boss is a walking cliché though. I hope they realise this and ditch her quickly. It takes time for a show to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Personally, I find this far more interesting than "I'm Batman but not really" Arrow, and "Lets see how ridiculous we can make this" The Flash. I think the costume could do with a little more work. It feels a little... flimsy? But the rest, I like a lot.
    -"If she's happy then... I don't mind."

Damn. I was somewhat excited when Iheard about this, but holy smurf this looks like it's on track to be the worst-acted Superhero media since Ben Affleck attempted Daredevil. It's like they took every trope in the genre and exaggerated it to near parody level. Not only that, but the trailer basically covered every major plot point from the first probably like 3 or 4 episodes, which is, in my opinion, the absolute worst kind of trailer. CBS..........................................

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Well, it's not grim dark!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Damn. I was somewhat excited when Iheard about this, but holy smurf this looks like it's on track to be the worst-acted Superhero media since Ben Affleck attempted Daredevil. It's like they took every trope in the genre and exaggerated it to near parody level. Not only that, but the trailer basically covered every major plot point from the first probably like 3 or 4 episodes, which is, in my opinion, the absolute worst kind of trailer. CBS..........................................
    People hated on The Flash trailer too and that turned out to be one of the best shows on TV right now. So...