Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supergirl!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, some parts looked okay but Supergirl herself seems annoying as hell. You can't always tell how these things are gonna go though. I might tune in for a few episodes and see how it goes.

You know, if 2015's Supergirl is really going up against the second season of Gotham on Monday nights, I'm pretty sure only one DC Comics property can win out, and it might be Supergirl.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It already looks better than Gotham quite frankly. Though that's not really saying much.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got this adorable Supergirl poster and now I'm excited to learn more about her, but I'm worried I'll be disappointed

Oh my this looks bad. So damn bad. And 'first' look? Yeah try first...and second, and third. I think I just watched the whole series.

Also looks like everyone and their mothers already knows who she is by the end of the 'teaser' except for super terrible Devil Wears Prada boss.

Think I'll give this one a wide berth.

Crop, whatever your hateful feelings are for this show, it could never be as bad as that stupid Helen Slater Supergirl movie from 1984.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 05-14-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Here, Supes. You're gonna need this more than me.

Rise-Above-Hate-wwe-29938352-500-702.jpg

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The trailer was a bit campy and obviously targeted towards teenage girls, which by itself is not a bad thing. I'm choosing to believe for the moment that that attempt distorted to some extent what the actual show will be, because some parts of it showed promise. I'll watch at least the first episode.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    The trailer was a bit campy and obviously targeted towards teenage girls, which by itself is not a bad thing. I'm choosing to believe for the moment that that attempt distorted to some extent what the actual show will be, because some parts of it showed promise. I'll watch at least the first episode.
    So the terrible writing can be attributed to "writing down" to teenage girls, perhaps?

Forget the target audience angle, I'd watch this if the writing was just not totally troutty. Teenage girls are insane and annoying (I have a preteen daughter and helped raise my sister, I'm allowed to say this!), but they're not stupid. Good grief.

I'll probably watch a few episodes, just in case. I do agree that parts show promise, and I do hope the show finds its feet at some point.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

this actually looks like a fun superhero show so i dunno what you're all complaining about

i can only take so much grime in my superhero tales

then again it is dc so i'm sure something will go wrong

Articles
    Blog Entries

Fact is there isn't enough to go on to decide whether or not this will be a good show. People like to forget TV shows need time to develop. Star Trek The Next Generation is considered one of the best SciFi shows ever made. The first two seasons? Complete and utter bulltrout with only a few standout episodes. The show didn't pick up steam until the third season and had its fair share of haters in the beginning. If the network was as hasty to remove it as the haters then we would've been denied some of the best moments in television. Same goes for Deep Space Nine, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and a bunch of other shows throughout history. Even recently with Marvel's Agents of SHIELD that needed half a season to get good. Not 3/4 episodes.

It doesn't end with shows, either. I remember a movie trailer that came out a long time ago that everyone was saying looked stupid and they couldn't take the lead actor seriously.

That movie was called Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl.

Don't worry, krissy. Arrow and The Flash are some of the best live action portrays of DC properties to come out in recent years and this is being made by the same people.
    Last edited by Ayen; 05-15-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Writing is subjective. I see nothing wrong with the writing in any of the footage shown in the trailer.
    I mean, this statement is blatantly obvious. Clearly, when people say the writing is trout, it is an opinion. Nobody is saying you can't enjoy it.

i can only take so much grime in my superhero tales
    Totally agreed on this...a lot of peeps out there trying to emulate Christopher Nolan's take on Batman, and it's getting old. But I'm not saying that a superhero movie/TV show needs to be dark and gritty. Sam Raimi's first two Spiderman films are among my favorite superhero media ever (let's pretend Spiderman 3 never existed). I have no problem with a more lighthearted take on things, but this trailer went way off the deep end imo. Shiet looks like almost like a straight up romcom at times.

As I said, I was excited for this when I heard it announced so I'll probably give it a shot. But all we have to go on right now is the trailer, and based on that, it looks on track to be a total cringefest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Writing is subjective. I see nothing wrong with the writing in any of the footage shown in the trailer.
    I mean, this statement is blatantly obvious.
    Bad habit. I've been an admin for ten years you get used to stating the obvious after a while.

That 6 minute trailer was one of the cringiest things ever.

Look up "what the Supergirl trailer should have been." That I'd how they should have done it. Not that bs female teen audience shtick

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Should of been a Power Girl tv show (same person after all) targeted towards a male audience......far more entertaining