Thread: Respect the FF1!!! (FF1 Lovers Thread, Forget the Haters)

Default Respect the FF1!!! (FF1 Lovers Thread, Forget the Haters)

This game is responsible for much of the time I've spent playing games and music in my life. One of my very first projects was trying to arrange the Bridge Theme on a Yamaha QY10.

If it weren't for FF, I wouldn't have had the love of adventure in the same way as I do...this game did so much for gaming in general that its worth cannot be overstated.

Tell all about your experience with FF1, in brief.

"Avast ye landlubbers! Stay outta me way."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFI was awesome for me to play and I spent a lot of time on it through Origins. I love the blank slate of the characters and once I got a handle for how things worked I had so much fun adventuring through the world with my Warrior, Red Mage, White Mage, Monk team and fighting bad guys. Top ten easily.

^^ That's the party I'm currently using! The Red Mage has become somewhat useless for combat, but is still 10x more useful than a Black Mage. With so little spell charges available, I'd rather have a sword wielder than a knife wielder.

My first experience with the original was... interesting. I was seriously about to give up around Mt. Gulg because I was getting tired of all the grinding I needed to do in-between every little thing. But of course, after Mt. Gulg, that's when the game drastically picks up the pace so I suddenly began to enjoy the game a lot more.

Now, I can play through the game without too much tedium. Except for the Elfheim Grind of course (that should seriously be a dance move). It's the Final Fantasy I've played the most. It's simple, but has a whole lot of charm.

And I play the Origins version.

If there was no Final Fantasy I, there would be no Final Fantasy. 'nuff said.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a cracking little game considering the time it was released. I first played it on iOS a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

MissH and I are halfway through it on my Vita at the minute and I'm appreciating it even more. The fact the Sophie is enjoying it more than she enjoyed FFVIII says a lot!