Thread: Dark.

Default Dark.

So I flip this game into my famicom and...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 789 DAMAGE!?!?

:/

Bold of them to kill you off right at the beginning, innit?

Discuss the losing battle at the start of the game, and losing battles in RPGs, generally speaking.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I always liked them. With my temper you'd think I would go into a blind rage, but I always thought they were clever. Just a really good way to show you how powerful an enemy can be to overcome in the future.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It helps that they will murder you throughout the first half of the game if you challenge them without proper leveling. I thought it was a pretty cool way to start the game and really set the tone of the game.

Fun fact: in the PSX version of the game, beating the Knights actually sends you back to the start screen. Course you have to hack the game to actually win...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    It helps that they will murder you throughout the first half of the game if you challenge them without proper leveling. I thought it was a pretty cool way to start the game and really set the tone of the game.

Fun fact: in the PSX version of the game, beating the Knights actually sends you back to the start screen. Course you have to hack the game to actually win...
    Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories had a similar setup. Only you kept fighting the guy you were supposed to lose to if you kept winning.