Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Are model-teachers too hot to teach?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    She's probably talking about dress codes. They are ridiculous for girls. You can't wear a lot because boys may get aroused. Some places are more strict than others "OH GOD a bra strap, that's too attractive!"

Like recently there was this girl who got kicked out of prom cause of her back showing... cause backs are sexy don't ya know

Granted my high school also had strict policies for guys as well. They couldn't have drooping, saggy pants or they were given suspenders to wear and they couldn't wear under shirts as regular shirts (like the sleeveless ones for example). A particular teacher in middle school harassed a girl by measuring her skirt in the hallway and then humiliated her asking her why she was wearing a skirt that short. It was ridiculous.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

School uniforms prevent all that. Pip pip!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    The thing I find funniest about this is my sister and her husband are teachers, the drink wine like it's going out of style, have gone to bars immediately after school with other teachers, run into former students at the liquor store, etc. and literally no one gives a trout. But maybe things around here are a bit different. .
    Yeah, but I wonder if it's because everyone in that area drinks, so what do they expect?

I know it's a bit of a stereotype, but statistically there is validity to it. If the culture in general drinks more, then perhaps they're more likely to not care about drinking habits of others?

It's probably more cultural. Plenty of people love to negatively judge you for the same things they do when they think no one is looking.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Our main thing in the dress code was no PJ's.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Our main thing in the dress code was no PJ's.
    Communist school. I never wore PJ's to school, but a lot of people did in my high school and good for them. Is it not enough that institutions like this are limiting what we read by banning books, now they also have to limit your comfort and individuality with a ridiculous dress code? I understand things like baggy pants and really short mini skirts, but PJ's? Come on.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    School uniforms prevent all that. Pip pip!
    Every school should have uniforms designed after FFVIII -nods-

Don't most students have a crush on a teacher at one point or other anyway?

I don't think a teacher being a model would make a teacher more attractive to a student who didn't already find them attractive.

For instance, I fancied the pants off of my GCSE Geography teacher. I moved seats to be behind the girl who always needed help with her work, because he would stand next to her chair and bend over forward to look at her work. He had a nice bum.

Finding out he was a model wouldn't have made him more attractive to me, it would just mean that I might be able to find pictures of him shirtless online, rather than just using my imagination.

Different people have different things that they find attractive, so the only way to ensure that no students were being distracted by attractive teachers would be to have all lessons taught in absolute darkness. And even that wouldn't stop students being distracted by voices they found sexy (like my GCSE RS teacher, he had a voice like chocolate).

So, in short, villification (is that how you spell it, do you think?) of teachers who were models or have part-time jobs as models is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Mr. Carnelian; 06-14-2015 at 04:50 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post

I don't think a teacher being a model would make a teacher more attractive to a student who didn't already find them attractive.

For instance, I fancied the pants off of my GCSE Geography teacher. I moved seats to be behind the girl who always needed help with her work, because he would stand next to her chair and bend over forward to look at her work. He had a nice bum.

Finding out he was a model wouldn't have made him more attractive to me, it would just mean that I might be able to find pictures of him online to masturbate to at home, rather than just using my imagination.

Different people have different things that they find attractive, so the only way to ensure that no students were being distracted by attractive teachers would be to have all lessons taught in absolute darkness. And even that wouldn't stop students being distracted by voices they found sexy (like my GCSE RS teacher, he had a voice like chocolate).

So, in short, villifying (is that how you spell it, do you think?) of teachers who were models or have part-time jobs as models is ridiculous.
    I thought geography teachers were meant to be middle-aged, grumpy and drive a brown Volvo. Someone like this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post

Finding out he was a model wouldn't have made him more attractive to me, it would just mean that I might be able to find pictures of him online to masturbate to at home, rather than just using my imagination.
    I thought geography teachers were meant to be middle-aged, grumpy and drive a brown Volvo.
    No, this one was an NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher), or something like that. Early twenties, very lively, drove a hot hatchback.

Articles
    Blog Entries

So a young male, lively with a hot hatchback? He wasn't doing donuts in the school car park was he?

But actually on the topic, there was never any teacher I fancied. Like, there were a few that I thought looked pretty or attractive, but nothing to get me 'excited' about. It takes quite a lot to get me 'excited'. I do find it stupid though when model teachers are sacked. So they look nice and want to do a side job? What of it?

Far as I'm concerned, as long as they're not doing anything illegal, they should be able to do whatever.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can understand the logic somewhat behind not allowing teachers to do certain kinds of modeling on the side (like underwear, nude, swimsuit, etc etc). Not saying I agree with it or anything, but the idea behind firing teachers for doing things like that is similar to stories I've heard of people getting fired in other jobs. It has nothing to do with the quality of education of students or anything; rather, I'd assume it has to do simply with the reputation of the school. People don't care that a teacher is attractive, but if parents have the possibility of finding pictures of scantily clad teachers, they'll likely throw a fit. School boards/principals/etc don't want to deal with the possibility of that kind of controversy, I'd imagine. I'd be interested in seeing comparisons of these kinds of issues in other countries though.

It kind of makes me think of something a saw where a high ranking guy was fired from his company because he posted a video of himself going through the drive through of a Chik-fil-a and harassing the lady at the window because he disagree with the company's stance on marriage. Doesn't really effect his performance on his job, and it's his own personal viewpoint, but it can create a negative image for his company.

I think in general what people do outside of work should be their own business as long as they are being productive at work and bringing no harm to the other employees/students/etc, whether you agree with what they are doing outside of work or not. I guess you could still see these things as harming the image of the school or company though, which I think makes it seem to be a little more in a gray area.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    What level of dissatisfaction would you have if your child had a hot, attractive female model for a teacher, depending on what they model, and how they model? Are model-teachers too hot to teach?
    >>> I will envy the lucky bastard..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Is hot hatchback a euphemism I've never heard or something?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    It could be, but it's not in this case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_hatch

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Only after you've had a flaming hot curry.