View Poll Results: Would you like to take part in the amazing, unique summer tournament?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

11 61.11%
  • NO

7 38.89%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you take part in a "raise and fight" Pokemon Tournament?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, no requests all the way. As long as the pool of Pokemon is on a reasonably equitable level then I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I think any and all Pokemon should be fair game, but it'd be really interesting if Skyblade made sure that there were no duplicates. And then obviously randomly mix up the eggs (or maybe use a number generator) and give them out.

I think as to choosing which Pokemon should be in it, just use a hat picker online. So oh, it pulled out #1 of #649, so throw a Bulbasaur egg in the mix. That way to make it truly random and exciting.
    There is one restriction I have considered, but I need to present it to you all:

No trade evolutions.

Now, I have two systems, and most of the items needed to evolve Pokémon via trade (and I can just get more if I want). I will even happily trade with people and provide them the items if they so desire. But that will be cumbersome and cut into training time, so I am not sure it will be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    We've actually talked about not having duplicates, but I just thought that there is one Pokemon that makes sense if there are duplicates - Eevee, considering the choices you get when evolving it. But otherwise - yeah, no duplicates.
    Espeon is my favorite Pokémon, so while I would love multiple Eevees, I am admittedly biased.

When it comes to distributing the eggs, he'll send them over to me first, and I'll distribute them, so there is no chance of any bias - no one knows which eggs are which once they're on my box.
    Yep. I'm just going to trade them away as I get them (and I lose track very quickly anyway when doing a mass project like this). He stores them and hands them out as he wants. I'll be the only one who knows what is potentially out there to get, but I won't know where it'll be or what I'll actually get.

While complete randomization is an interesting idea, and while I know Skyblade has access to a lot of Pokemon, Im not sure if he's capable of breeding all of them.
    I recently completed my PC collection in Pokémon X. My PC currently holds 30 boxes full of Pokémon: Every Pokémon in the game, sorted by Pokédex number. Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, etcetera. ALL OF THEM. This is part of why my PC box doesn't have a lot of room for eggs, and while I'll be transferring them to you every dozen or so that I breed up.

I can't breed Legendaries (except Phione). Everything else is fair game.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly have no time for this (I've barely played any of Pokemon X as well so I'd have to continue the story as well). I'll say I'll do it though just because. Most likely I'll have an underleveled, under trained pokemon, but that's okay.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I said "requests" I meant you'd be able to request which Pokemon would appear in the tournament - no one said you'd be getting it, since the egg draw would still be completely random

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, Pokemon who need trade evolutions should be out. Too much hassle. I think that really only removes a few Pokemon from the game.

How do we feel about Mega Evolutions? Maybe we should exclude the Mega Evolution itself from the challenge. Like, you can use your Charizard, but not Mega Charizard.
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How do we feel about Mega Evolutions? Maybe we should exclude the Mega Evolution itself from the challenge. Like, you can use your Charizard, but not Mega Charizard.
    i agree with that.

im already excited for this tournament :3

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Same! I'm miffed we have to wait a whole month or two! I'm ready to do it now!

Yeah, Pokemon who need trade evolutions should be out. Too much hassle. I think that really only removes a few Pokemon from the game.
    They've added quite a few over time. Originally, there were only 4. Now I think there's 26.

Full list:
    Alakazam
    Machamp
    Gengar
    Golem
    Accelgor
    Escavalier
    Rhyperior
    Magmortar
    Electivire
    Gorebyss
    Huntail
    Gigalith
    Steelix
    Trevenant
    Gourgeist
    Porygon 2 + Porygon Z
    Scizor
    Kingdra
    Slowking (though Slowbro can still be gotten)
    Politoed (though Poliwrath can still be gotten)
    Aromatisse
    Slurpuff
    Conkeldurr
    Milotic
    Duskull

I think that's a good idea. Should we ban items entirely?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    They've added quite a few over time. Originally, there were only 4. Now I think there's 26.

Full list:
    Alakazam
    Machamp
    Gengar
    Golem
    Accelgor
    Escavalier
    Rhyperior
    Magmortar
    Electivire
    Gorebyss
    Huntail
    Gigalith
    Steelix
    Trevenant
    Gourgeist
    Porygon 2 + Porygon Z
    Scizor
    Kingdra
    Slowking (though Slowbro can still be gotten)
    Politoed (though Poliwrath can still be gotten)
    Aromatisse
    Slurpuff
    Conkeldurr
    Milotic
    Duskull
    I'm okay with all of these being taken off.

This is something worth considering. Because different people might be at different places in the game and only have x items. Maybe we can include items but it's something like, you can only use x amount of regular potions per single battle. You'd have to use them wisely.

This is something worth considering. Because different people might be at different places in the game and only have x items. Maybe we can include items but it's something like, you can only use x amount of regular potions per single battle. You'd have to use them wisely.
    Well, I'm pretty sure on-use items are banned in online battles anyway. I was referring to held items.

Because a lot of really good ones are only available in the endgame, and they can be unbalancing as heck. I mean, you might get Leftovers or even Eviolite fairly early. But Choice Specs, Choice Bands, Assault Vests, Life Orbs, etcetera? Those of us who have them would utterly break those without them.

I would absolutely love to take part in this!

As for specific pokemon requests, it's a bit more involved but we ARE six generations in, and there are six slots in a team, so why not have each person receive one egg from each generation?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure on-use items are banned in online battles anyway. I was referring to held items.

Because a lot of really good ones are only available in the endgame, and they can be unbalancing as heck. I mean, you might get Leftovers or even Eviolite fairly early. But Choice Specs, Choice Bands, Assault Vests, Life Orbs, etcetera? Those of us who have them would utterly break those without them.
    Oh, then in that case, yes. No held items.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    I would absolutely love to take part in this!

As for specific pokemon requests, it's a bit more involved but we ARE six generations in, and there are six slots in a team, so why not have each person receive one egg from each generation?
    Well, some generations just have more Pokémon than others, and that could lead to some kind of restrictive selections. Plus, that messes with the random draw we were planning.

But the real reason I'm against this is that I've already sort of lost track of which egg belongs to which Pokémon for the first batch that I've bred so far... >.>

I will definitely have Pokémon from every generation in there!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll try to keep things as exciting as possible until the time of the tournament comes. I think I'll open an official sign-up thread in two weeks or so, so that we have the final number of eggs required set. For now, we can use this thread to brainstorm ideas for the tournament - I'll run official polls on the final rules later as well. And then, just as soon as Skyblade is done wit the breeding, I have all the eggs (and am done with schoolwork >.>), we'll begin the raising stage. It might come sooner than July, but it won't begin later than like the first week of July.

Damn, I'm starting to sound like SE representatives regarding FFXV. "Please be excited!"

I'm working up the eggs, but I'm wondering if we should do more than 6 per person. Maybe 8? Just to give some degree of customizability to things in case luck treats someone badly? It would take a little longer to breed, but as long as I can keep it going...