Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Should Garnet Have Left?

During disc 3 when Alexandria has been trashed, Garnet and co. end up in Lindblum, Garnet loses her voice and goes back to traveling around the world with you. I understand sort of when she initially left, but should she have gone back to Alexandria after? The people lost their first queen after she went all war crazy and then the city gets destroyed by a giant dragon. It might be the time when the people need their new queen the most?

Don't get me wrong, I like having her in my party. But for a while after she isn't performing well in battle anyway and she can't talk and I do have a backup white mage/summoner. She probably wouldn't be the best at queening at that moment, but just having her there might be of comfort to the people.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Probably not. She probably should have stayed. I guess Beatrix was handling it or something. I mean we understand the whole "for the greater good" kinda thing but the people wouldn't have.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean there's still like 7 other people doing the for the greater good part, including one who can do almost the same thing in battle, you know? Like I said, I like having the extra playable character but more realistically I would probably think she should go back to Alexandria

Might just be me though

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She should have stayed, the gameplay screw she gets in Disc 3 makes her a liability and story-wise, I agree her being at Alexandria would have been better.

I'm... honestly not sure. Final Fantasy IX has an amazing, bullet proof story. When I woke up this morning, I knew that to be fact. But, now, I'm starting to question it... Why must you do this to me?!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The story is still super mcduper awesome sauce, but after playing it for the umpteenth time in 14 years, you start thinking about stuff!

Plus the FF forums are kind of dead and I want to talk about FF stuff!

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

One could argue seeing their Queen broken and voiceless would only further plunge the people of Alexandria's morale into the abyss.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    One could argue seeing their Queen broken and voiceless would only further plunge the people of Alexandria's morale into the abyss.
    Yeah, that and I think in the game Steiner or Tot suggested that seeing Alexandria in her current state would have made it worse. She did eventually go back though.

Agree that she should of stayed.

Whenever that part comes around in Kuja's palace and you have to choose who stays behind, and who goes on the mission to Oelivert, I try and picture everything through Zidane's mind and whether Zidane would in canon take Dagger with him or he feels like she would be more safe and mentally stable in Kuja's palace jail prison.

I think Zidane knows that Kuja is a tricky btard and is going to play tricks and mind games with the party members that are going to be left behind, but taking Dagger on a mission could cause her so much more stress and trauma.

It doesn't make sense that somebody so traumatized should go on a mission to go straight to Kuja's lair.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Garnet has a history of not making good choices, so it makes sense to her character that she stayed with the party, even though yes, she really should have stayed behind. Would the people of Alexandria really noticed that she was in terrible shape? It seems to me like don't see her very often anyway, since she spends so much time running around with Zidane, so she could have easily stayed out of the public view and recovered with very few the wiser. Or, if being in the castle wouldn't work, there's surely some retreat she could have gone to recover. How many rulers of any country don't have some place away from their seat of power to go and have some r/r?

Blog Entries

It probably would've been interesting if she stayed behind and Beatrix would've taken her place...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

you know what would be cool. if you could choose if she stayed or not. and if she stayed then Vivi can use the " save the queen" sword