Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Articles
    Blog Entries

I finished the series in English, the official translations aren't too bad but I do think you need to adjust to enjoy the tone of the novels. They're often dark but at the same time don't take themselves as seriously as English fantasies are prone to. The Tower of the Swallow was my favorite one and I can't tell if that's because the unofficial translations are better or it's just the best installment of the series.

I'm almost done with the game, will probably write up my thoughts in an EoFF blog post, I've littered this thread with my impressions too much as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I finished the series in English, the official translations aren't too bad but I do think you need to adjust to enjoy the tone of the novels. They're often dark but at the same time don't take themselves as seriously as English fantasies are prone to. The Tower of the Swallow was my favorite one and I can't tell if that's because the unofficial translations are better or it's just the best installment of the series.

I'm almost done with the game, will probably write up my thoughts in an EoFF blog post, I've littered this thread with my impressions too much as it is
    These books are pretty hard to translate, because the archaic Polish is pretty complex and Sapkowski is son of a gun - even if you know Polish, you must have a wordbook next to you, because these books are really hard to understand for the "average Joe", haha! XD
    Last edited by Zanmato; 06-26-2015 at 09:03 PM.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I finished the first game and the second and recently started the third, but took a break from it to play Batman Arkham Knight because from everything I've read about The Witcher 3 I have no idea when I'll be done with it.

It's a pretty game to be sure, and the gameplay just feels so much more polished, and I like how much more alive Geralt seems this time around. I do feel like I'm missing out on some stuff having never read the books though.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've heard good things about this game and hopefully someday I'll have time to check it out. I want to play Arkham Knight too!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I'm playing this game now and honestly it took a whole before I really got into it. I was bored at first. But! But! After a few hours something clicked and I was hooked. The game is amazing.

Del Murder I feel ya about the time issue. I work most of the day and when I get home I'm not in the mood - usually too tired. So when I get time, like a Saturday, I've been plowing through it. It's definitely worth playing, maybe a game of the year contender for sure. I just got at Skellige isles.

I never thought a newer game could rank so high on my list but this is my number one favorite game of all time. The first two were enjoyable but definitely had their faults. This installment was one I never wanted to end. As I neared the end, I actually started to get a little melancholy.

The gameplay is obviously fun but really got me were the relationships as well as the consequences of my decisions. I've been a long time fan of various Bioware games because of the various interactive decisions I've got to make in them. Witcher 3 blows all of those games away with the complications that come with each decision made. Sometimes you make a decision that hurts a lot of people. So many times, the right and wrong decision is more like the lesser of two evils.

Anyway, I finished after about 130 hours and I hadn't even done half of all the the quests in the game. And if you like looting, this game has some massive treasure hunts waiting for you. Skellige Islands will blow you away with the amount of loot available to search for.

There are few games out there that warrant their $60 price tag and Witcher 3 is worth every penny. DRM free, few bugs, and a very compelling gaming experience sums up Witcher 3 as being one of the best games of 2015 if not the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdust View Post
    I never thought a newer game could rank so high on my list but this is my number one favorite game of all time. The first two were enjoyable but definitely had their faults. This installment was one I never wanted to end. As I neared the end, I actually started to get a little melancholy.

The gameplay is obviously fun but really got me were the relationships as well as the consequences of my decisions. I've been a long time fan of various Bioware games because of the various interactive decisions I've got to make in them. Witcher 3 blows all of those games away with the complications that come with each decision made. Sometimes you make a decision that hurts a lot of people. So many times, the right and wrong decision is more like the lesser of two evils.

Anyway, I finished after about 130 hours and I hadn't even done half of all the the quests in the game. And if you like looting, this game has some massive treasure hunts waiting for you. Skellige Islands will blow you away with the amount of loot available to search for.

There are few games out there that warrant their $60 price tag and Witcher 3 is worth every penny. DRM free, few bugs, and a very compelling gaming experience sums up Witcher 3 as being one of the best games of 2015 if not the very best.

Totally agree.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I want to try this game, but I don't have time for it at the moment. I've also heard the game still has some issues that are waiting to be patched on consoles? So when I do eventually get around to playing it hopefully all these patches would have hit.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't heard of anything big enough to steer you away from the game and I have to imagine it wouldn't be getting this level of acclaim if there were any issues that big. The last numbers indicate the PS4 version is the best selling SKU and the consensus seems to peg it as the go-to platform for a hassle-free yet still high-end experience.

Also, CDPR is especially committed to post-launch support, which will likely continue even beyond the inevitable Game of the Year Edition in 2016. I don't really see a point in waiting for the game to get to an optimal state before jumping in, since it's going to keep getting better and better all the time.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Had to resurrect this thread. I completed The Witcher 3 a couple weeks ago now and am still playing it any chance I get, what a masterpiece! Even once I do everything in the game I'm thinking of doing a New Game Plus run to get all the gwent trophies. I cannot give this game enough praise!

This is the only non PS1/PS2 era game I would put on my top 10 list of favourite games of all time. Was such a surprise.

If you are into open world western RPG's you NEED to play this game. CD Project Red are the new masters of the genre. I kinda feel bad for Bethesda and Bioware :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Had to resurrect this thread. I completed The Witcher 3 a couple weeks ago now and am still playing it any chance I get, what a masterpiece! Even once I do everything in the game I'm thinking of doing a New Game Plus run to get all the gwent trophies. I cannot give this game enough praise!

This is the only non PS1/PS2 era game I would put on my top 10 list of favourite games of all time. Was such a surprise.

If you are into open world western RPG's you NEED to play this game. CD Project Red are the new masters of the genre. I kinda feel bad for Bethesda and Bioware :/
    That's why I'm proud of my country, haha!
    This is definitely one of the best games based on movies/books/comics.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. ^^
    I'm also a Witcher fan, but I didn't play any game yet - I hope I'll have an opportunity to do so. ^^