Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516172131 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin's Character Tournament!

Olivia and Suikoden Fuuka Luserina.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Those are all nice people, but I'll choose Olivia and Miakis.

I like Olivia because even though she is cripplingly shy, she doesn't let it complete overpower her. She still does what she loves and enjoys it.

Miakis is just a good, hard working person with a nice personality. She seems like she'd make a good co-worker/work buddy.

Olivia and Miakis.

Yeah, votes have definitely been more balanced in the last few rounds.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's go ahead and close up the last round!

With a close vote of 4-2, Yuna wins our Final Fantasy X bracket! She will later be taking on the winner of the Final Fantasy XII bracket!

hqdefault.jpg

my voteYuna

And with a not so close vote of 5-1, the winner of Eternal Sonata is Polka!

my voteMarch

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay we still have a few hours to the last round, and we will get started with the next 48 hour voting period

Bracket one is from Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands

VS

These games don't have the most complex stories so I can't tell you much beyond what's already been said,

Julia works with her mother at the animal shop. She loves animals, and she's not a very good cook. Her favouritest gift is Superb Yogurt, and she likes a variety of easy to come by foods, such as eggs, and cheap products like chicken feed. She absolutely hates fish. You can get married to her if you play as a male

Pierre is a master chef with a range of emotional responses and facial expressions. His favouritest dish is the Finest Curry, and he enjoys all kinds of food dishes. He absolutely hates Poisonous Mushrooms. You canmarry him if you choose to play as a female.

For our second bracket we head back to the Atelier series with the game sharky is currently playing, Atelier Meruru

VS

Merurulince is the princess of Arls, but she really wants to be an alchemist. So she trains under Miss Totori (the protagonist of the previous game) and serves as this game's main heroine. In order to fulfill her dream of becomming an alchemist, she must prove to her father that alchemy can benefit the Kingdom, and she has 5 years to expand and develop Arls and increase it's population. She's very upbeat and cheery, although a little naive. She doesn't give up, she's pretty open about her feelings, and she works hard. She can synthesize things.

Keina is Meruru's childhood friend and maid. Keina works at the castle as a maid, although she will join you on your adventure so she can keep an eye on Meruru. She's very calm, sweet, and friendly, although a little shy. She also has excellent luck and brings good luck to those around her.

48 hours for voting

Articles
    Blog Entries

Whoa, I've not really kept up with these, sorry!

For the previous brackets, I'll go for Olivia and Miakis.

For this current bracket, I'll go for Julia and Meruru. I always liked alchemists in games anyway.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Pierre & Keina

Julia and Meruru.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

We will go ahead and close out the previous rounds

With a vote of 4-2, Olivia is the winner of our Fire Emblem bracket!

my voteOlivia

And with another vote of 4-2, Miakis wins our first Suikoden bracket!

my voteMiakis

I vote Julia and Keina.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Going to take a break and resume this tomorrow so next round will be a little late. Also if anyone wants to vote on the last tournament, I'll extend voting time as well

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay let's wrap up the last round and the next one will be up shortly

Winner of Harvest Moon SI is Julia with a score of 4-1!

julia.jpg

my voteJulia

And the winner of the first Atelier Meruru bracket is none other than Keina with a score of 3-2!

b0042375_4e046121532a0.jpg

my voteMeruru

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Now then, next two brackets, 48 hours to vote!

From Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle

VS

These are our two protagonists and playable characters. Max is from the present, he is an inventor, and he was chosen by the Red Atlamilia, a special stone. He lives with his well-to-do but hard on him father in a very nice house in the nice town of Palm Brinks. He's never explored the outside world and very much wants to. His mother is not there but he really misses her and talks to her picture a lot. By taking pictures, he can combine them as ideas to make items. In battle he uses wrenches/drills/hammers and guns of all varieties. He can also use a big robot thing he invented named Steve the Ridepod for taking out bigger enemies.

Monica is a Princess from the future. Her future is being attacked and destroyed and so she travels back in time and enlists the aid of Max in restoring the Origin Points of important places in the future. She was chosen by the Blue Atlamilia, a special stone that allows travel through time. She's very determined and strong and helps Max out when he's getting used to everything. In battle she uses swords and magic armbands. She can also transform in to monsters and talk to other monsters of the same types to get hints and clues about the game.

Second bracket is from Tears to Tiara 2

VS

Kleito is of the Dragon Tribe, meaning she is actually a Dragon. But instead of appearing as a dragon, she appears as a girl obsessed with the colour pink. Nothing wrong with that. Since her form is actually not her real form, she can do nifty things like float over bad areas or float over giant holes, making her useful to traverse the battle map with. She's a very intelligent person, she helps make a lot of strategies, and she puts her all in when she needs to. In less serious times, she's very playful and mischievous and is always trying to steal followers from Tarte, the main heroine. She serves as a black mage of sorts in battle.

Daphnis is the bodyguard/attendant of a noble woman named Elissa, another party member. He dresses as a woman so he can follow Elissa anywhere without limitations. This leads to a hilarious scene of him being a man dressed as a woman dressed as a man. He's very sweet and he's quite smart and gets the job done well when he's asked to do something. He's very protective of Elissa. He's usually shy and reserved and modest, but has a playful teasing side as well. He serves as an archer in game and a very useful one at that.

So 48 hours~

I will vote Max and Daphnis.

I like Monica a good bit, but I like that they didn't have to make Max the strongest character option. Monica took that role, which left Max to be the gadget person, and to have him feel like the more adventure/exploration style character. Also, mech > monster mimic every time.

I like Daphnis. I've seen more Kleito characters than Daphnis characters, so that was one advantage. He was a little more fresh and new. Outside of that, a good strong archer is never a bad thing.