Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151929 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin's Character Tournament!

Xiaoyu.

I care about the story and so should you.

Jun's Ending
    (SPOILER)

Xiaoyu's Ending
    (SPOILER)

Going with Jun though because of this.

Ling has her own great themes (both in Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag) but it's not quite as good as Jun's because T2 had the best OST in a fighting game. Well, it's up there.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Jun. I can't really put my finger on it but I've always liked her for some reason. As a result she was the only character I really played a lot in TTT2.

And no fighting game has a better OST than Ougon Musou Kyoku

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Xiaoyu

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

About a day left and we have our first ever tie! Will anyone break the tie or will my vote actually matter this time?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

About 3 hours left. In the meantime, we'll start the next two brackets!

First bracket, from Atelier Ayesha

VS

Linca is a body guard and knows a lot about fighting. Sadly, that's mostly all she knows about. She means well and has a sweet heart, but she's very ignorant about the world around her. She has a friend named Marion who takes care of her and even chose her hair and outfits for her, and she orders Linca to try and make 100 friends, something Linca struggles with a good bit. She also takes her orders very seriously and very literally.

Wilbell is a magician girl who is very much in to get rich quick schemes. She doesn't believe in slow and steady or putting the work in for results later, she wants her plans to succeed right away and doesn't have the patience to wait for them. She's still young and is trying to impress her older relative and convince her she isn't a failure and can be good at wizarding.

Bracket two from The Guided Fate Paradox

VS

Renya becomes God by winning the mall lottery, as one does, and Liliel is his personal guardian angel. She teaches him about his Godly duties and does her best to support him. She cares very deeply about him, she always works her hardest, and she supports you during a large chunk of the game in battle. She also develops feelings for Renya but is too shy to express them, especially considering she holds him in such high regard.

Renya is a teenage boy who works his hardest at being God, granter of wishes (not to be confused with a genie, apparently). Each chapter you have a certain wish to grant, and Renya cares very much about the believers he meets and always looks for a way to grant the wishes so that everyone ends up happy and benefiting. He's pretty clever and he usually speaks his mind and he stands up for what he believes in.

So 48 hours for these two brackets and still about 3ish hours if anyone wants to be out Tekken tie breaker~
    Last edited by Pumpkin; 06-02-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Tongue

Linca
    Anime Pumpkin Liliel

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Anime Pumpkin? xD

Also I got the timing wrong for the Tekken tournament anyway (thought it ended at 1, but it ended earlier) so for once, my vote actually matters woooo

And that means our winner is miss Ling Xiaoyu

character_header_xiaoyu.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Linca
    Anime Pumpkin Liliel
    Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I choose Wilbell and Renya.

I like the other characters, particularly Lilliel, but I still like those two more. I thought Renya was going to be the typical doofus dood in a harem anime situation, they actually made him more than that. There's still elements of the harem anime to the game, but they did a little more with it. Renya is a good guy.

Wilbell is just Wilbell. You either laugh at her or get annoyed with her. She makes me chuckle.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Haven't played these games myself, but I'll also go with Wilbell and Renya. They both just scream likeable to me ^^

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Uh... Linca and Renya, I guess? This is the first time none of the characters grabbed by attention

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

About a day left to this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Linca
    Anime Pumpkin Liliel
    I'll go along with this as well.

I kind of want to try Guided Fate Paradox now, though. Can you tell us a bit more about it, Pumpkin?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, long version can be found here: The Guided Fate Paradox Journal Entry

Short(er) version:
    The Guided Fate Paradox is an RPG, kind of a dungeon crawler RPG with a heavy strategy element, and it's quite difficult. You play Renya, a teenager who becomes God through the mall lottery. As God, his job is to grant people's wishes using the Fate Revolution Circuit, and if he decides to quit at any time, he will be devoured. Liliel was assigned as his personal Angel, and she accompanies you for the beginning levels (and later on as well if you wish). There are a few other angels as well and they each take turns selecting a wish for Renya to grant.

Each wish represents a chapter in the game with 10 chapters total. The wishes vary a good bit and you grant wishes for people like Cinderella, a failure zombie, and a mermaid, among others. Each chapter has a dungeon with 10 floors, and each floor brings another scene to show you how the wish is progressing. As the game goes on you learn more about what it means to be God, what's expected, and who invented the Fate Revolution Circuit and why. It starts off as silly and humourous, but gets more serious as the game goes on

Also, that brings us to a tie for Liliel vs Renya, if anyone wants to be a tie breaker!