Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202434 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin's Character Tournament!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I like that it is going slowly. It gives me something to check and go back to on a regular basis. I'm really enjoying myself!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm the same as Formy, the current pace is certainly fine with me. Though now that you mention it, how long do you estimate the first round will take at this rate?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm estimating *does calculations*

a long time

real answer
    I'd estimate 3-4 months. As it stands we have 60 round 1 brackets left and we do two every 2 days so 60 brackets divided by 2 at a time is 30 times every two days is 60 which is two months, and that's not including games I haven't finished or tbd brackets

Articles
    Blog Entries

The longest character tournament in history!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a busy day, so I'm going to get this up, but there is time remaining on the last round, which I will close out later today. Also it is early and I am half asleep so sorry if things aren't super coherent!

First bracket is from Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar

VS

Daisy is a maid who moved from the big city. She works at the Inn and the Innkeeper couple are like parents to her. She makes a lot of mistakes sometimes but she never lets it get her down and always keeps her chin up and a positive attitude. Her favourite colour is red and she loves strawberry pie and hates getting spotted pond frogs.

Sherry is the daughter of the mayor and everyone loves her because she's sweet, kind, and caring. She'll also open up a bazaar stand that sells seeds once you unlock it. Her favourite colour is yellow and she loves herb salad and hates curry.

Second bracket is from Suikoden II. I had a hard time narrowing it down to 4 characters and kept changing it but it is finally done!

VS

Millie is a rather mysterious, yet friendly and upbeat girl. She joined the party after Riou, the hero, helps her find her eight-eyed groundhog monster. She's actually a very good sorceress with an affinity for the Blue Gate Rune, a summoning rune. She also fights with a giant boomerang. She is the Chiku Star, also known as the Empty Star.

Sierra is a vampire who received the power of the Moon Rune hundreds of years ago. I don't want to spoil her whole story, but eventually her Rune was stolen from here by Neclord, a vampire responsible for much of the first two games headaches. Eventually she joins the hero in order to stop Neclord and get back what is rightfully hers. Sierra is the Tenei Star, also known as the Heroic Star.

48 hours~!

Sherry and Sierra.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay let's warp up the last tournament!

With a vote of 7-1, Sherufanir wins by a long shot

my voteSherufanir

And with a vote of 6-1, we have Koromaru!

my voteKoromaru

Last edited by Pumpkin; 06-18-2015 at 04:48 AM.

Sherry and MILLIE! Millie was one of my favorite characters to voice from Suikoden 2. The chick with the crush on Flint that you meet in the school was more fun, though. But Millie came close.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Daisy and Millie

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    Daisy and Millie
    I'll go w/ this as well, even though Sherry seems like a good choice, too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

About a day left if anyone else wants to vote!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Daisy and Sierra.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay next round starts now, but there's still a good amount of time left in the last round since I'll probably be closing it late.

In the meantime, from my most recently read visual novel fault milestone one

VS

Note that only the first part of the story has been released, so their characters might change drastically (and indeed, one of them appeared to at the end of the first part). I'm going off of what has been told so far.

Rune is a mysterious girl met by our heroines (Selphine and Ritona) when they are teleported somewhere mysterious. She calls herself Rune and seems as friendly as can be, although she's obviously hiding a few things. Soon we learn that Rune also goes by Sara, and that there was a little girl named Rune in the town who was known as a devil spawn for all of the horrible things she'd done before she died. The story largely revolves around trying to find out why Rune/Sara would use the name of this little girl and exploring the evil deeds said girl committed.

Selphine is one of our main heroine's, she is a Princess in a time of war. When things begin to look grim, she and Ritona, her servant/guard/friend are teleported away and end up in a strange place, needing to find their way home. She's very caring and selfless and has a way with people. She's very trusting and kind. She also has powerful magic that she demonstrates on a few occasions.

And our second round is the first bracket of La Pucelle Tactics

VS

Prier (sometimes spelled Priere) is a demon hunting nun with the ambitious dream of one day becoming the Maiden of Light. She's very brash and has a short temper, but deeply cares about those around her, especially her brother who she was stuck raising after they were orphaned. While not the most graceful or soft spoken, she is a hard worker and supportive of others.

Alouette is a woman with amnesia who arrived at the Church where Prier and her brother attend. Her powers were astounding so she quickly shot up the ranks and became their teacher. She's a devout follower of the Holy Book, sometimes at the expense of common sense, but she learns to outgrow this as time goes on. She's generally very sweet and kind but won't hesitate to discipline if necessary

48 hours to go~!

Sherry and Millie.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Daisy, Millie, Rune/Sara and Alouette.