Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel a repeat of the Balthier vs Fran round coming along

Last round closing out

Winner of the Tales of the Abyss bracket is Jade with a vote of 4-2!

my voteNatalia

And for our Star Ocean bracket, we have Reimi 5-1! She will be advancing to the finals!

my voteReimi

Articles
    Blog Entries

Elk and Steiner.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Boco

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I never finished the .hack series so i have to pass on that one but vivi definitely
    I haven't played 90% of these games, so I just vote off Pumpkin's descriptions.

I'll vote for Elk & ViVi

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay still some time on the last round for anyone who wants to vote and in the meantime, we will post up the next round!

From Atelier Totori:

VS

Totori is the protagonist of Atelier Totori. He mother was a famous (rowdy) adventurer who went missing. Totori resolves to get her adventuring license and find her missing mother out there in the world. She was also trained under Rorona and is somewhat a prodigy considering how well she does with what teaching she has. She combines her alchemy and her adventuring and goes out in to the world with her friends and works to find out what happened to her missing mother.

Rorona was the protagonist of the previous game (Atelier Rorona). She's grown up in this game and by grown up I mean become more comfortable in her skin, leading her to be even weirder. She's pretty flaky and ditzy and needs supervision if you don't want to end up fishing her out of a lake, but she's an excellent alchemist, even making tiny adorable people with alchemy. She's a very sweet, kind, and caring woman, but she certainly is odd.

And now from Fairy Fencer F:

VS

Tiara is one of the heroines of this story. She is a fencer, meaning she can wield fairy weapons and work on the revival of the Goddess (or the Vile God) and has made it her mission to collect all of the fairies to revive the Goddess and save the world. I won't spoil too many things but let's just say she has some serious issues making her plan that much harder. But despite her problems, she works as hard as she can and dedicates herself completely to the cause. Her main weapon is a Glaive, although her fairy can transform in to other weapons as well. She can use healing magic and uses a lot of water elemental spells.

Bahus is a fairy and is actually the weapon of a playable character named Harley, who is his Fencer. So in a sense, he is playable. He turns in to guns in battle as a default but can do a few other weapons as well. He is pretty mature and acts more as a mother or father to Harley instead of her fairy companion. She can't remember to bathe herself if he wasn't there to make sure she did. He also works to keep the team well fed, taken care of, and motivated.

48 hours~

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Totori & Bahus

Totori and Bahus.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've some catching up to do!

.hack: What a strange concept for a game. I'll go for Mistral for this one. Because housewives are tough!

Final Fantasy IX: I still need to play this game. But I shall go for Steiner, if only because I think everyone adores Vivi in this game.

Atelier Totori: I'll go for Totori herself purely because "It's not like I'm creating explosions on purpose!" sounds adorable. And I prefer her costume as well.

Fairy Fencer F: Look at that pink apron! It also is very rare to find a caring, compassionate 'Team Dad' in games so that is refreshing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Rorona and Bahus.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Our last bracket is just about done, so let's wrap it up!

It looked like Elk was going to emerge victorious, but Formy tied the score towards the end, leading to a tie breaker by me! Meaning the winner is Mistral with a tie score of 3-3! And since it was our only .hack bracket, she has moved on to the finals!

And with a score of 5-2, the winner of the first FFIX bracket is Vivi!

my voteVivi

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post

It looked like Elk was going to emerge victorious, but Formy tied the score towards the end, leading to a tie breaker by me! Meaning the winner is Mistral with a tie score of 3-3! And since it was our only .hack bracket, she has moved on to the finals!
    Oooh, I do like a good bit of drama!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Totori and Tiara.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay posting this round up and the next round will probably close late depending on when I get to bed. Anywho

From Rune Factory Tides of Destiny/Oceans:

VS

Both Lily and Bismark are marriage potential. Lily is the eldest of three sisters and she runs an inn. She is a hopeless cook, but a beautiful singer and she'll play music for you at night. She helps home the heroes when they arrive on the island and her heart events largely revolve around her trying to improve her cooking. She also hosts the island's Winter Festival, where they gather snow to make a Snow Dragon.

Bismark is the twin brother of a potential bachelorette and runs the general store. He is very shy, but takes the business very seriously. He has trouble talking to people and his heart events are about him learning to assert himself. However, he will stand up for people when they need him, like when some gentleman are being a bit too forceful with his friend (and Lily's younger sister).

And from Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

VS

In this world(s), the gaming consoles and some other game related things take the form of moeified anime ladies. Vert represents the Xbox consoles. She's very proper in her speech, she really likes tea, but she's also an arrogant sore loser. She loves video games and will play the excessively if someone wasn't watching over her and making sure she eats and sleeps. During this game, she adopts Neptune's little sister as her own and tries to fight the good guys, eventually joining them. She's an intelligent woman but a bit crazy. She becomes a bit more arrogant while transformed.

Neptune is the representation of the Sega consoles. She's the protagonist of this game and extremely lazy. So much so that she wastes 3 years getting nothing done at one point. (Luckily they give you a time skip). She is smart though and when actually pushed she can get stuff done rather well. She's also good humoured, but she has a hard time being serious, she breaks the fourth wall all the time, and can be pretty self focused. Her slang is terrible and outdated which is sometimes funny and sometimes tragic. When transformed she becomes much more serious.

48 hours~

I'm back from vacation! Time to resume my voting!

Rorona, Tiara, Lily, and Neptune.

And Neptune doesn't break the fourth wall. She just gingerly flexes it outward a little bit...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Closing out the last bracket!

With a score of 4-2, Totori wins her round!

my voteTotori

And with a score of 5-2, Bahus wins his round!

my voteTiara