Thread: Pumpkin's Character Tournament!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry guys, I've been sick and tired and sleeping so I'm a bit late. I'll post the next round and I'll close out the last one soon, although it is officially closed now as far as votes

From Persona 3:

Koromaru

Koromaru is a dog and playable character, meaning he can fight shadows and stuff. He hangs out at the shrine where his owner was a monk but passed away. He is very loyal and goes to visit quite often and keeps guard over the place. He's very intelligent and can understand people's conversations very well.

VS

Akihiko is a main playable character and dating potential in Persona 3 Portable. He comes off as rather stern and intimidating, but underneath it he's kind of a goof who's a bit clueless about certain things. He pushes himself and doesn't give up and he's also the captain of the boxing team.

From Skies of Arcadia:

Vyse

Vyse is a sky pirate. He becomes captain and serves as an inspirational and positive leader for his crew. He's always gung ho for adventure and is absurdly positive. In battle, Vyse uses duel blades. Because of how the game works, characters can switch elements of their weapons whenever they want to, which leads to different skills being learned. Vyse defaults to more physically strong.

VS

Aika is Vyse's best friend. She's spunky and not afraid to speak her mind, but she's also very kind and caring and would do anything to help her friends. She's also very welcoming and accepting of new people. She uses a boomerang in battle and has good offensive magics. She also has a very... special imagination which, when viewed, changes the art style of the game.

And from Suikoden V:

Miakis

Miakis is a Queen's Knight. She is the Chiin Star, also known as the Hidden Star. Growing up she wanted to join the Dragon Cavalry, but was forbidden as women are not allowed to join. However, she was spotted and recommended as one of the Knights and due to her exceptional fighting skills and magic, she became the Princess' personal bodyguard. She has well rounded stats that make her good to customize in many different rolls.

VS

Haswar is the cousin of the main character's (the prince's) mother and sister, who was in line for the throne but agreed instead to not be for spoilery reasons. She's now the Oracle of the sacred holy land and she watches over the people with kindness and compassion. She is very friendly and outgoing while also being soft and gentle.

48 hours~!

Akihiko, Aika, and Miakis.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Closing the last round

Winner of the Final Fantasy XII bracket is Balthier with a score of 5-1

my votePenelo

Winning the Hyperdevotion Noire bracket is Little Rain with a score of 4-2

my voteLid

And winner of the La Pucelle Tactics bracket, who will be moving on to the finals, is Alouette with a vote of 5-1

my voteEclair

my La Pucelle Tactics bracket

Articles
    Blog Entries

Akihiko, Vyse and Miakis.

I could never say no to Midorikawa

Koromaru, Aika, Miakis.

Sorry I've been away from the tournament so long.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Akihiko
    Vyse
    The last one is tough, but I'll go w/ Haswar

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Koromaru, Aika, and Miakis.

Koromaru, Aika, Haswar.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

New round! Closing out the last one soon. We're going to be Tales centric this time~ Coincidentally, my three favourite Tales games!

Also, after this, we only have one more round of 3 brackets and you'll have seen all characters. After that we will be going 5 brackets at a time, and it will go very quickly!

From Tales of Hearts R:

Kohaku

Kohaku is the girl who's heart was shattered. Her and her brother often find themselves under attack, largely because of the woman Kohaku claims lives in her heart. Near the beginning of the game, her heart is broken in to pieces and scattered across the globe. Her emotions are restored to her one by one. When not heart-broken (literally), she's a very upbeat and bright person, although she has a bit of a temper.

VS

Chalcedony starts out as an antagonist, and is the sort of "lawful good" who believes in total obedience for the sake of the greater good. Although later on he begins to think for himself much more and is known to take the blame for things so that others come out unharmed. He has a strict moral code imposed on himself and he can come off as a bit "holier than thou", but in his heart he really just means well and wants to make the world a better place and take care of those he loves.

From Tales of Symphonia:

Presea

Presea is a young girl and a lumberjack from a small village. Some bad spoilery stuff happened with her family and she had something happen to her that basically suppresses her emotions when you first meet her. She eventually gets back to normal, but she's always a more serious person and acts older than she seems to be. She's very blunt and lacks some social graces, but it's not malicious, she's more socially awkward than anything, which is understandable when you get to know her story more. Despite her awkwardness and emotional distance, she means well and cares deeply about her friends.

VS

Colette is "the chosen one" chosen at birth to undergo a great trial and sacrifice herself for the good of the world. She's grown up knowing this and being used basically as a tool for everyone else, and has come to accept this as her life. She's very caring, selfless, and committed to her duty. But underneath it she's actually very scared and worried, although she does her best to hide this from others and keep a smile on her face. She's very kind and friendly and she also names the dogs in the game for you!

And from Tales of Xillia:

Jude

Jude is one of two protagonists the player can choose from. He's a med student who has some family issues. He's a very bright kid, he falls in love with Milla, and he's very quick to lend a helping hand. He uses his fists in battle and is also a very fast character with some healing of his own, although his healing is on the more minor scale.

VS

Elize/Elise (depending on your version) is a young girl who has lived a very lonely life. She is at one point locked up in a basement of a village that hates her and throws things at her, but she's still kind to them. She has a floating... thingy she considers her friend and names Teepo. She's very shy and doesn't speak up much, although being young and not having learned social skills, she can sometimes get emotional and snap. She's an excellent black mage and healer.

48 hours~

Kohaku, Presea, and ELISE! WITHOUT Teepo. Smurf that little smart alec jerk with his annoying voice.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Time to close out the last round!

The Persona 3 bracket was a tie of 3-3, so I have decided on Koromaru!

From Skies of Arcadia, Aika wins with a score of 4-2 and will be moving on to the finals!

my voteVyse

my Skies of Arcadia bracket

And also with a vote of 4-2, Miakis wins the Suikoden V bracket!

my voteMiakis

Kohaku, Colette, and Elize.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Elize WITH Teepo, Colette, and Kohaku

Articles
    Blog Entries

Kohaku, Colette and Elize.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Kohaku (sounds like something Ken would say in SF)
    Presea
    (Hey) Jude (na na na nana nana nana nana Hey Jude...)