Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Uh... So Splatoon?

Apologies for the sequential post.

I have to say, as great as this game is, it has one crippling flaw that has rendered the multiplayer basically unplayable:

Matchmaking.

Put simply, this game doesn't have any matchmaking at all. It pulls eight random people together and throws them into battle. There is no balance whatsoever.

What's worse, there's no level balancing. I'm a level 7 player, because I don't get a lot of time to play multiplayer, and I'm thrown in with a group of all level 20s. Who have played much more of the game than I have, and have a lot more experience with their weapons. To a brand new player, this would be an absolute brick wall.

I've completely given up on this game's multiplayer until the ability to join up with Friends and have set matches is added in. Because Splatoon's matchmaking right now is the worst, by far, of any online game I've ever played.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think the fact that you can't play with friends who are actually in the room with you is incredibly, incredibly stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can still play with friends, but when you join a game they are in, it will still be randomized. And it's really not a problem, at least to me. It's a slight issue with some people, and some make it a big deal. Skyblade, get up to at least level 10 so you can try out the Ranked Battles before completely giving up on the multiplayer.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's a big deal if you buy a party game and you can't really play it how you'd like as a party. You should be able to play the same game together, on the same system, in the same room.

To be fair, all it takes is a little research into a product before you buy it. But that's a completely stupid feature.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It will be a thing in a few months, maybe by August. In ranked battles, your ranks are graded and you will be grouped with similarly ranked players.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh, that's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about how you can only play with other people if you play online. The whole point of a party game is to play with people in the room with you.

I think it's a nice feature to be able to play online as well, but it's really dumb you can't play with the friends sitting next to you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah. There's a two player mode called Battle Dojo. It's offline and just two players going one on one for points.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You should definitely be able to make your own team. With only high level people in the team, you should be matched with teams that have high level people too, right?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?