Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem: If

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    When Intelligent Systems got ready to make the next Fire Emblem game, they were given an ultimatum by Nintendo. The series had been flagging in sales, and it had not been doing as well as it needed to. Nintendo gave it a sales goal to reach. If the new game didn't sell at least 250,000 copies, the series was going to be ended.

They should try randomly saying that to their employees more often. Kick them into producing stuff as excellent as Awakening.

Marth is now available on Amazon UK for MSRP:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N8PC142/?tag=nowinet-21

Also, new translated details on My Castle over on Serenes Forest:
    http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem...alysis-part-1/

It includes details on the accessories, the dining facilities, and other noteworthy additions.

The greatest gif on the internet:
    Last edited by Skyblade; 06-09-2015 at 04:28 AM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

New Japanese trailer. No translation as yet (though a translation for it is already being worked on), but gosh is it pretty. And it shows off so many new characters!

Also, it highlights some of the Pair Up changes.

Unlike Awakening, units that are Paired Up can no longer perform Dual Strikes. Instead, only units who are adjacent to each other can Dual Strike.

Meanwhile, only units that are Paired Up can Dual Guard, while adjacent units cannot.

So Pair Up has become almost purely defensive.

EDIT: A bit of personal deductive work. When the classes section of the trailer starts, it highlights "60", followed by quite a bit of Japanese text. Given where they put it, I think they're saying that there's 60 playable classes. Which, since we know Nohr and Hoshido have their own unique classes, makes sense, but it is a lot.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 06-10-2015 at 02:58 AM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Looks a lot more intense now that they're releasing lots more info and scenes with other characters and story pieces

What I don't get is this whole choice thing. Up until recently I thought there was going to be a point in the game where you choose what side you wanted to end up joining. They even depict a scene where you're on the battlefield and both sides have people looking at you expectantly wanting you to choose them. This obviously doesn't play out this way since it depends on which version of the game you get, not what side you end up choosing to join. That makes me kinda sad, but I guess I just misunderstood their intention

As interesting as it may be, I don't think I'd get the dark side storyline since I don't think I'll be buying the game twice. But who knows

Though with the interviews insinuating we're only getting one version, I wouldn't be surprised if we get the eventual combined version that sometimes comes out when they split Pokemon games like that, which would make sense, considering we're getting the game a year after Japan

And also, the character models actually have feet now! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Looks a lot more intense now that they're releasing lots more info and scenes with other characters and story pieces

What I don't get is this whole choice thing. Up until recently I thought there was going to be a point in the game where you choose what side you wanted to end up joining. They even depict a scene where you're on the battlefield and both sides have people looking at you expectantly wanting you to choose them. This obviously doesn't play out this way since it depends on which version of the game you get, not what side you end up choosing to join. That makes me kinda sad, but I guess I just misunderstood their intention

As interesting as it may be, I don't think I'd get the dark side storyline since I don't think I'll be buying the game twice. But who knows

Though with the interviews insinuating we're only getting one version, I wouldn't be surprised if we get the eventual combined version that sometimes comes out when they split Pokemon games like that, which would make sense, considering we're getting the game a year after Japan

And also, the character models actually have feet now! lol
    There is a LOT of speculation on the dual modes.

One thing I will say: You won't have to buy the game twice. The second path (and the third path, the details of which are as yet unknown) is available via DLC, and will be substantially less expensive than the core game. Using the typical Yen to Dollar conversions that happen with game sales, the game itself would be $39.99, and the DLC for the additional path would be $19.99.

Once the DLC is there, the moment in Chapter 6 where you make the choice is actually a choice.

The developers talked a lot about choice being a major design theme in the game. It was what sparked the entire duality of the conflict. It does seem very odd to partition it off based on which game you buy. They did also mention that splitting it let them put more content in for less cost, though I don't remember all the details about that.

However, NONE of these details have been announced in ANY of the localized presentations on the game. There has not even been a mention of multiple game copies. Leading to speculation that we may simply get a single copy when it's localized, with both paths on it.

It honestly might simply be considered a better marketing strategy to split them in Japan, especially if it keeps the initial price down but encourages people to buy the DLC.

But will the West see the game for $39.99 then? Or $59.99?

So we get out first English trailer, and the reveal of the English title:
    Fire Emblem Fates

Still no mention of multiple versions.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

They do reference "two versions" in the Treehouse stream. But they don't mention paying for them. They also repeatedly refer to the "moment of making the choice", and how players should "make the decision yourself". Are the two versions included, just with different names for the routes? Or are they paid for? I still have no idea.

Honestly, at this point I think Nintendo isn't sure whether to make it one or two games in the west.

EDIT: Apparently it is confirmed as two versions, with the other path available as DLC. Dangit.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 06-17-2015 at 11:50 PM.

It doesn't surprise me, and I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time dwelling on it, since I likely wouldn't be playing the game twice anyway, regardless. But one thing I don't get is why everyone (including Nintendo themselves) keeps dwelling on this moment of decision within the game. It doesn't seem possible to have that, with the two cartridge / two stories set-up. Your choice is in the game store, not on the battlefield in the middle of the game lol But whatever. Unless I hear or see something super compelling, I likely wouldn't have chosen the dark side anyway. Its also possible it can be the first game my girlfriend and I buy on the system separately if we have enough cash to spare. Its just weird. But at least its more visceral than a couple of Pokemon types where you basically still get exactly the same story. At least there's a tangible reason to own both copies of this one

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    It doesn't surprise me, and I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time dwelling on it, since I likely wouldn't be playing the game twice anyway, regardless. But one thing I don't get is why everyone (including Nintendo themselves) keeps dwelling on this moment of decision within the game. It doesn't seem possible to have that, with the two cartridge / two stories set-up. Your choice is in the game store, not on the battlefield in the middle of the game lol But whatever. Unless I hear or see something super compelling, I likely wouldn't have chosen the dark side anyway. Its also possible it can be the first game my girlfriend and I buy on the system separately if we have enough cash to spare. Its just weird. But at least its more visceral than a couple of Pokemon types where you basically still get exactly the same story. At least there's a tangible reason to own both copies of this one
    Don't buy two copies. Buy one copy, then buy the second path as DLC. This makes the choice an actual choice, as both versions are on the same game file at that point. It's also how you choose the unique third path, which we have almost no details on.

You'll pay $60 (game and DLC) instead of $80 (cost of buying a $40 game twice), and get to actually make the choice as a choice.

They apparently split it to keep the cost to consumers lower, as otherwise the amount of resources put into the full copy would require a $60+ game, which is huge for a handheld.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't buy DLC my 2DS won't accept my payment info :<

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I can't buy DLC my 2DS won't accept my payment info :<
    Buy a Nintendo E-Shop Gift Card, and use that for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Am I the only person who likes the black kingdom more so far?
    No. They're by far the most popular among fans. The combination of good people trying to exist under and oppressive jerk and still be the best they can, plus them being the people you knew and grew up with, means that people are loving the idea of staying with them.

Plus, more traditional take on the gameplay, and higher difficulty.

Although, as some fans realized later:
    "If I side with Nohr, I might have to kill Mama Hoshido."
    feif-april015.jpg
    "I MIGHT HAVE TO KILL MY MOTHER. WTF, GAME!"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, if I play this game, I totally sticking with the family I was raised with. I know things are a bit different in Japanese culture, but blood ain't trout. Your family is the people who are the for your no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.