Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tales Games

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    Hearts R is getting lots of praise. Was going to pick it up, then found out it's a vita game. Sad.
    You're on a JRPG-centric site and you don't have a Vita? Isn't that where nearly all of the JRPGs live? OK, so most of them are crap, but still...

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Hearts R is getting lots of praise. Was going to pick it up, then found out it's a vita game. Sad.
    You're on a JRPG-centric site and you don't have a Vita? Isn't that where nearly all of the JRPGs live? OK, so most of them are crap, but still...
    I have a DS, if it makes you feel any better. Never got the Vita because the amount of time I'd have to spend on it versus the cost just didn't make it appealing. Don't even have a ps4 yet; not home enough to make the purchase worth it.

I have a DS, if it makes you feel any better. Never got the Vita because the amount of time I'd have to spend on it versus the cost just didn't make it appealing. Don't even have a ps4 yet; not home enough to make the purchase worth it.
    Those are pretty much my own thoughts too. I just found a Vita for an insanely cheap price though, so figured 'why not?'. I don't have a PS4 yet for the same reason actually. I'm thinking when I finally have time a few years down the line, there'll be an incredibly good library on offer. Although FF15 being critically acclaimed could speed that up significantly.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are some complaints about the translation of Hearts R, but it didn't personally bother me at all. It was a good story, extremely fun, and had a great cast of characters. In fact, on of my favourite characters was apparently changed to be cornier or something, but I liked him just as he was. I might not have liked him so much in the original.

So if stuff like that bothers you you might just get a headache out of it, but I thought it was great

You're using a lot of past tense, did you beat the game already? I must have missed that. I think that's one of the fastest times I've seen you blow through a game, even the ones you don't end up liking and finish by watching on YouTube I'm not sure you got through any faster. You're not kidding when you say you really liked it then xD

They announced 'Berseria' today for PS3/PS4. I'll look forward to that one! Looks like this one has a solo female protagonist by the name of 'Velvet'. It's nice that she won't have to share the limelight with a vastly inferior dude like Milla did*. I've only seen one low quality image of her so far, but she looks quite cool.

*Jude's actually a pretty cool guy, I just loved Milla way more

Yeah, you can tell its the same artist from Xillia, she looks like a black-haired Milla. Thanks for the tip though. I'll definitely keep an eye on that one. So if Zestiria doesn't do it for me, likely this one will. But I'll still buy both. Gotta let them know we love these games. And I agree, I loved playing as Jude, but Milla was way more interesting

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I've actually been playing through games a lot faster lately. Must have been the practice powering through them for my top games list I finished it about a week ago apparently

It did help that I liked it so much and couldn't put it down

EXCITED ABOUT NEW TALES GAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    There are some complaints about the translation of Hearts R, but it didn't personally bother me at all.
    I'm playing through it atm. It's nothing worth caring about really. Bout on the same level as FF7s translation issues.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

If I can recall correctly, there were a lot of complaints about FF7's translation too. One of the myriad reasons people would like to see it remade.

If I can recall correctly, there were a lot of complaints about FF7's translation too. One of the myriad reasons people would like to see it remade.
    Just people being overly nitpicky as far as I can tell. There were something like 10 grammatical mistakes, that's it. It detracts 0.0001% from the quality of the game.

Some people love "This guy are sick" for its charm. Some people are immediately drawn out of the game. I can understand both sides

My beloved Shining Force series had a couple of these, especially in the second game. And it didn't hurt the game's appeal at all. I can't wait to give Hearts a real try, since I'm stuck in Innocence, and the girlfriend doesn't want to finish Graces or Vesperia with me

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're pretty picky so I'm not sure how well you'll like it, but I think it was pretty great. It has the typical Tales story switch up, although I didn't enjoy it as much as some others. Not that it wasn't still really good. But the characters to me were excellent and the world was fun and the gameplay was great. It used the Vita touch screen as well which was nice.

I'm a good chunk of the way through Graces and my opinion seems to be that it's a good game, well worth the play, but not as good as most other Tales games I've played. The characters grew on me and I'm much happier with them, but Asbel in particular bugs me because he's kind of out of character sometimes in a way that doesn't make sense and his and Richard's voice acting is dull as all heck. But I like most of them now and the story is interesting once you get going.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Tales of zestiria PS4 port confirmed. And Steam port too!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Wow... That is pretty fantastic then. I'm kinda glad these companies are starting to be willing to do this. It opens up the games to new potential fans. And the PC is sorely hurting for higher quality JRPGs