Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tales Games

Really hope Berseria ends up being good. Have struggled to enjoy this series for quite a while. I need the story to be interesting and the battle system to be engaging. They usually fail on one or the other.

I still haven't played Symphonia all the way through though. So I might go and replay that!

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Just got Zestiria yesterday, played like six hours and stayed up until 3:30am. I am really enjoying it! I had tried Abyss on the 3DS but I had eventually abandoned it.

I wanna cuddle Sorey.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Zestiria isn't one of my favourites but I had some good fun with it! LAILAH 4 LYFE

Been replaying Xillia 2! I don't love it as much as I did the first time but I am enjoying myself quite a bit

The pacing in Zestiria was much slower than others in this series. That ruined it a bit for me. I stayed in quite a few of the towns for at least a few hours. But they weren't particularly interesting towns, what with the whole no-interiors thing going on.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Been playing Zesteria. All of my party members have therapy cats and it's MAGICAL! Also if Sorey and Raine from Symphonia met it would be amazing.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

So I completed Tales of Xillia tonight! It was a much better game than Graces f, which is the only other game in the series that I've played. How does Xillia 2 compare?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I only played Phantasia up to Symphonia. Symphonia is my favorite and the most nostalgic for me since I played it with a relative.
    ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Xillia is better than Xillia 2, but Xillia 2 is still a fun game to add on to Xillia if you liked the cast

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pudgy bird View Post
    So I completed Tales of Xillia tonight! It was a much better game than Graces f, which is the only other game in the series that I've played. How does Xillia 2 compare?
    Hey we completed the game pretty in tandem! I only finished Xillia like, two days ago.

Which path did you choose, out of interest? I went with Jude, because character development, but apparently Millia's path has more direct involvement with the story.

Mr. Carny went with Milla. Even in his second playthrough, he chose Milla again. Weird. I'm just starting my Milla playthrough now, but I'm hoping to just breeze through as my grade shop was in the 8000s so I could inherit a bunch of stuff.

Is it me or Tales demos are clunky and hectic? Combat is all over the place and everything feels like a button masher. I want to get into modern Tales but this won't do for me, especially as someone who prefers tactical combat.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pudgy bird View Post
    Hey we completed the game pretty in tandem! I only finished Xillia like, two days ago.

Which path did you choose, out of interest? I went with Jude, because character development, but apparently Millia's path has more direct involvement with the story.

Mr. Carny went with Milla. Even in his second playthrough, he chose Milla again. Weird. I'm just starting my Milla playthrough now, but I'm hoping to just breeze through as my grade shop was in the 8000s so I could inherit a bunch of stuff.
    I'm glad you guys liked it enough to play more than once!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    Is it me or Tales demos are clunky and hectic? Combat is all over the place and everything feels like a button masher. I want to get into modern Tales but this won't do for me, especially as someone who prefers tactical combat.
    I will say I had to warm up to Tales combat because it is something I have never played before. Pumpkin probably already knows but I still don't have the knack for aerial combat (which Leia and Milla excel at and have skills geared for it).

Having said that though, as I played I got much better. I even bumped up the difficulty from easy to moderate, and even hard against trash mobs I could easily beat. I even did all of the coliseum, even the advanced single and grandmaster with all characters!

Though some characters were easy. Rowen just spammed Tidal Wave to victory. Elize went Warrior for the first time ever and spammed Teepo Roar. Milla used her aerial spell ability to cast spells in midair in complete safety. Seriously, it was that easy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's funny because Leia was my main in Xillia and now Eleanor is my main in Berseria and she also does a fair bit of aerial stuff.

I loved Symphonia's combat though. It was so fun since I was playing it with a younger sibling and an older cousin with a lot of experience. What modern Tales games comes up to the same level of quality as Symphonia?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just can't get to grips with it! I knock them into the air, jump up to attack them normally and then... my attack misses. Or it hits once before the monster drops to the ground again.

I did actually second Leia, but I stuck to her as a buffer/attacker while Jude was my go-to relentless assault guy who could also do some light healing on the side. For a medical student, he's actually the worst healer in the game. It's funny.