Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    I loved Symphonia's combat though. It was so fun since I was playing it with a younger sibling and an older cousin with a lot of experience. What modern Tales games comes up to the same level of quality as Symphonia?
    It's generally gotten more refined with newer games

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I just can't get to grips with it! I knock them into the air, jump up to attack them normally and then... my attack misses. Or it hits once before the monster drops to the ground again.

I did actually second Leia, but I stuck to her as a buffer/attacker while Jude was my go-to relentless assault guy who could also do some light healing on the side. For a medical student, he's actually the worst healer in the game. It's funny.
    Eleanor is great for aerial. She has this attack that launches groups of enemies (who are close together) in to the air and then has follow ups to that. It actually HEALS HER which I mean

I guess some people just respond better to certain styles. I love Elize but man am I not good at using her

I want to try Hearts R out. Is it good? Anyone here played it? The story seems generic to me but I like the character designs.
    ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh God I could not be the healer. Healing is so vital in the game's meanest bosses (and Tales bosses are so much harder than in other RPGs) I wouldn't even consider using Elize. The A.I does a great job handling her distance and healing.

I might try using Alvin in my Milla playthrough to see how he operates with his charge mechanic. In my Jude playthrough I even used Rowen sometimes in bosses. Jude and Leia would do a great job keeping the boss occupied while I spammed damaging spells from the back distance. He wasn't very useful in mob fights though. He kinda gets swamped easily.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want to try Hearts R out. Is it good? Anyone here played it? The story seems generic to me but I like the character designs.
    I really liked Hearts R but there's no English dub, only sub. It's much more love-story than the others though

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I really liked Hearts R but there's no English dub, only sub. It's much more love-story than the others though
    I love love stories involving black-haired women so that's why it appealed to me at first. I don't care if there's no dub. I am a weeaboo anyways and don't care. Is the combat system good? I heard it's different from the console Tales.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's very similar to the other console Tales of the generation

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    It's very similar to the other console Tales of the generation
    Alright, I'll buy it tonight. Apparently, it's Hideo Baba's favorite Tales game.

I still need to return to the Tales of Games that I have. I was just so busy with everything and the other games ... Maybe after Nier 2 and World of FF I can finally continue them.