Thread: In your opinion, does DC/WB do better at TV shows than they do at movies?

Default In your opinion, does DC/WB do better at TV shows than they do at movies?

I mean, yeah Birds of Prey probably sucked, but what about the other TV shows that DC/WB has done, live-action or animated?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yes. Their animated stuff is what they do best, and shows like Arrow and The Flash are loads better than some of their movies. They never had much luck with their films outside of Batman. Watchmen was actually pretty good and might have done better at the box office if it wasn't advertised as an action flick when it was so much more than that.

With all the stories to be adapted from comic book a TV format is a lot better than a movie one.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Yes. Their animated stuff is what they do best, and shows like Arrow and The Flash are loads better than some of their movies. They never had much luck with their films outside of Batman. Watchmen was actually pretty good and might have done better at the box office if it wasn't advertised as an action flick when it was so much more than that.

With all the stories to be adapted from comic book a TV format is a lot better than a movie one.
    I don't know if I'd say that DC's animation division is still golden, because the reaction to Young Justice Season 2, the entire Batman: The Brave and the Bold series and the entire Beware The Batman series has been decidedly mixed. Not to mention, now that Bruce Timm is no longer headlining these DC direct-to-video releases: they've been doing this New52 crap and it's been horrible.

Nobody likes Justice League: War, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and Justice League: Throne of Atlantis.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've seen several people like The Flashpoint Paradox and other stories the New 52 are doing. I checked out some Supergirl comics from the library based on the New 52 and love them.

I don't see many people hate on Young Justice, but I got to the party late when everyone was upset the show was cancelled for the stupidest of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I don't see many people hate on Young Justice, but I got to the party late when everyone was upset the show was cancelled for the stupidest of reasons.

I don't think enough people watched Young Justice, that's why it was cancelled.

Articles
    Blog Entries

For me, the Nolan Batman trilogy is the best superhero media I've ever seen, so to a question like this my answer would be "DC does better with movies than they or Marvel do with anything else."

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

DC is way better at cartoons and TV shows, Marvel is better at movies. Batman TAS is the gold standard for comic book cartoons.