Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FIFA Officials charged with Corruption and extradited to the US

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Gee, as soon as soon as someone felt the heat turn up on them a little bit they started turning evidence. How unusual!

I've often wondered about people in Blatter's condition. I mean, he had to know it was just a matter of time once so many other officials were caught, right? Or had he been in office, untouchable, for so long that he really thought he was going to be fine?

Also, following on Calliope's post, I've never fully understood the point of a city/country wanting to host something like the Olympics or the World Cup.

Especially for the poorer cities that have to create so a huge amount of infrastructure just to support it. Once you factor in bribes, marketing, construction costs, administrative costs, labor costs, etc. can it really still be profitable? They always make the same claim about how the facilities will pay for themselves over and over again with repeated use after the event is over, and we time and time again how the facilities instead rot into the ground, and become a huge financial burden.

Then you factor in the troutty worker conditions in place during the construction period and it just boggles my mind how it ever happens. Clearly some group of officials in the government is making money claw-over-hoof over the deal, but I wish they'd start catching those bastards too.

All those deaths, a massive undertaking that seems to typically cripple the economy of an already weak nation further, and then what? Ridiculous.

Blog Entries

It's just a legacy-wank for the suits, politicians and big-money backers who want to use it as an excuse to make a name for themselves by having a hand in organizing it. Look at the amount of bollocks we had with the 2012 Olympics. It was never supposed to make any financial sense; white elephants abound. The idea is especially appealing to middle eastern oil billionaires, such as those in Qatar. But we love it once it starts.

I'm also impressed at the brazenness of people like Jack Warner of late as things are starting to unravel. Last week he would have swore with one hand on a bible and the other on his mother's grave that everything he had ever done was legitimate and all allegations against him in the past fifteen years were all part of a racist Anglo-American conspiracy against him and FIFA. Now that he's got one foot in the grave he's changed tack completely and is threatening to reveal absolutely everything and bring Blatter down with him. Dude's got balls.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

While the FIFA corruption rages, it is worth mentioning that the FIFA Women's World Cup is taking place, starting from today, in Canada.

I'm not sure if the women's game is as corrupt as the men's, but it certainly needs more coverage!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The US goes against Aus for their first match, i'm excited.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I had no idea you were such a soccer fan, freyz
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

From what I hear the fact the Swiss made arrests and are carrying out an investigation is what really scared FIFA since its where they're based and haven't really ever gotten much gruff from the Swiss.