Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuff you didnt use to like but now do.

Blog Entries

Default Stuff you didnt use to like but now do.

I've decided to listen to a few Opera songs I know I disliked in my youth and I find Im enjoying them more and find them less irrititating. Now im 90% convinced of the theory I had when I was younger which is the reason young people dont like Opera isnt because theyre uncultured but as you get older your hearing gets worse so you cant hear how horrible it actually is.

On a side note, take this test, post what you score is, then post your opinion on opera so we can see if there is a corelation.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 05-29-2015 at 04:33 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Used to not like Bright Eyes. Now I do! Fourteen-year-old me would be disgusted. I used to have a huge aversion to folk music because it sounded too country to me, but now I have grown to appreciate it.

I've also been letting go a little bit and enjoying some more pop songs as I get older. I don't listen to pop outright, but being exposed to it while at work has forced me to like some of the songs I hear.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shoes!

Articles
    Blog Entries

That was actually quite fun! I got 16399~. I say approximately because it is difficult to exactly pinpoint when the sound ends, but that is roughly right. Given that the range is 20 - 20,000HZ, that isn't so bad. I also quite like opera but I can't say I listen to it often.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    That was actually quite fun! I got 16399~. I say approximately because it is difficult to exactly pinpoint when the sound ends, but that is roughly right.
    Yeah I was right around 17k

The Final Fantasy series!

I first played FFXII many years ago, and absolutely loathed it. I can't really remember why.

I didn't want to play any more Final Fantasy games after that.

Then, a few months into our relationship Formalhaut convinced me to give Final Fantasy X a try, and I really liked it.

I even liked Final Fantasy XII when I got around to playing it after I'd finished X and X-2.

So, there you go. I used to hate the Final Fantasy series, and now I love it!
    Last edited by Mr. Carnelian; 05-30-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    The Final Fantasy series!

I first played FFXII many years ago, and absolutely loathed it. I can't really remember why.

I didn't want to play any more Final Fantasy games after that.

Then, a few months into our relationship Jordan convinced me to give Final Fantasy X a try, and I really liked it.

I even liked Final Fantasy XII when I got around to playing it after I'd finished X and X-2.

So, there you go. I used to hate the Final Fantasy series, and now I love it!
    Its fair to say that FFXII was your least favorite of the three series though. And because you're pretty into your graphics, I don't think you'll get around to FFVII or FFIX. To be honest, I still have to get around to IX.

Also, Kylie Minogue.

When I was still in the closet, listening to it made me uncomfortable, because I knew she was something of a gay icon. Her music reminded me of an aspect of myself which I wasn't comfortable with at the time.

Then I came out, heard a song of hers and realised that, actually, I really liked it.

'In my Arms' is one of my all-time favourites.

Its fair to say that FFXII was your least favorite of the three series though.
    It's true that XII was probably my least favourite of the Final Fantasy games I've played so far.
    But, I still really liked it, whereas I couldn't stand it the first time I played it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm not actually that big a fan of Kylie Minogue. I know, I'll relinquish my gay card now.

I'm not actually that big a fan of Kylie Minogue. I know, I'll relinquish my gay card now.
    Just as well that you're bi, rather than gay.
    Gay men have to like Kylie Mingoue, it's the law.

I used to hate tomatos as a kid, since they were slimy and like eating solid water there was nothing really redeeming about them. These days I kind of like them to spruce up a sandwich for no justifiable reason

But hey, I used to love peas as a kid, and now I realize they are absolutely disgusting. So it's a good trade

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Television shows because they use to be trout. Now film is trout.

Blog Entries

I'm like my dad...

Usually we think t.v. shows (sitcoms specifically) that are on currently are just bad. And then we get into them once they're either syndicated and/or off the air. However, we do like Big Bang Theory and I managed to get my dad into HIMYM before the series finale.

I used to think Yo Gabba Gabba was the craziest smurfing show to ever have been invented and the people at Nick Jr were on a major acid trip. It doesn't help that the damn "Snacky Snack" and "Party in My Tummy" songs were firmly planted in my brain for a good 3 months because I only had very basic cable and a couple of YGG dvds for my daughter to watch.

But now? I kinda miss DJ Lance Rock and his fat white girlfriend (that really made me lol tho) and his friends. I miss Biz's Beat of the Day mostly.

I also used to REALLY not like oldies. Because my mom would crank up the oldies station in the car and absolutely -belt- out whatever was on. Especially if I had friends in the car with me. So embarrassing. But now, I'm getting more into that kind of music as well as "classic" rock- Grateful Dead, The Runaways, etc...

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Television shows because they use to be trout. Now film is trout.
    Apparently, you have yet to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

When I was very young I didn't like Westerns at all. I dreaded it when my dad found one on TV. Now while I don't go out of my way to watch them, if one is on I find myself getting very involved with the story and being fascinated by it. I also loved Red Dead Redemption and the inspirations that game drew from movies really helped me appreciate those type of films more.

Another thing I can think of is metal styled music. I've always been into music that had metal elements, but harsh vocals and high speed drumming used to irritate the crap out of me. Turns out that I just didn't find the right bands for myself. Well, I've also always enjoyed progressive music so any metal band that's straight up prog metal or has elements of that really helped me get over problems I had with the genre as a whole. I still think a very sizable chunk of metal is a bit silly and too many bands copy off each other, but when metal hits that sweet spot for me, I can really get into it.