Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuff you didnt use to like but now do.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oysters. Never used to be able to eat them and now I could polish of one or two dozen like it was nothing.

I also never used to listen to music with screams in it, whereas now they're in all the music I listen to. I still can't listen to a band that features no clean singing and is just screaming, but as long as the music is as good as something like Periphery or Monuments then the screaming won't bother me at all.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hollywood just wants to budget for super hero movies and remakes. I'm super hero movied out and they can smurf right off with all their Spider-Man films. My favorite super hero ruined by two different people.

I used to hate classic Prog bands like Pink Floyd and Genesis. Now I love all Pink Floyd albums, and I love Genesis from "Trespass" to the "Genesis" album. And I've discovered King Crimson and Jade Warrior and love them both as well. In fact, King Crimson is 4th in my list of favourite artist of all time (and space).

I didn't like the TV show MASH when I was younger. This, too, has become one of my favourites. I can't watch it with the laugh track, though. I have to turn that nuisance off!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Hollywood just wants to budget for super hero movies and remakes. I'm super hero movied out and they can smurf right off with all their Spider-Man films. My favorite super hero ruined by two different people.
    Toby McGuire was a pretty pathetic Spider-Man and that trilogy was awful, but why do you have to hate on the new kid when they haven't even announced him yet?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Electroshock Therapy View Post
    I used to hate classic Prog bands like Pink Floyd and Genesis. Now I love all Pink Floyd albums, and I love Genesis from "Trespass" to the "Genesis" album. And I've discovered King Crimson and Jade Warrior and love them both as well. In fact, King Crimson is 4th in my list of favourite artist of all time (and space).
    Nice. If you are getting into prog, check out the band Yes if you haven't already. Especially Fragile, Close to the Edge, and Going for the One. There are a couple of other great albums, but those are my favorite ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Nice. If you are getting into prog, check out the band Yes if you haven't already. Especially Fragile, Close to the Edge, and Going for the One. There are a couple of other great albums, but those are my favorite ones.
    I've tried Yes and I didn't care for them. I've also tried a good many other prog bands both famous and obscure. I've basically found out that I like a few key bands, and the rest don't do much for me. Then again, that's how I am with any genre and sub-genre of music. I'm picky that way.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Electroshock Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I've tried Yes and I didn't care for them. I've also tried a good many other prog bands both famous and obscure. I've basically found out that I like a few key bands, and the rest don't do much for me. Then again, that's how I am with any genre and sub-genre of music. I'm picky that way.
    Fair enough. I feel I'm that way about metal in general, as said in my original post here. Usually most people who start to get into Floyd and Genesis also dig yes, so I thought I'd make you aware if you weren't already.