Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Active Time Report 6.0 Stella's Fate Revealed!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was still kinda weird that they were all so hush-hush about it. Up to this point, whenever someone asked about Stella, the only reply we ever got was "hmm, what indeed?", so it really isn't strange that people started making up theories.

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

I could care less about the stella-luna switch. I just want to play the damn game at this point. But it sucks we were lead on to think stella still existed and the plot wasn't changed when it really was.

I also think the updates to Duscae 2.0 look great. June 9th cant come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    It was still kinda weird that they were all so hush-hush about it. Up to this point, whenever someone asked about Stella, the only reply we ever got was "hmm, what indeed?", so it really isn't strange that people started making up theories.
    Ah yeah, it's never a good idea to let people speculate on stuff you know is going to disappoint them. We have the same problem where I work; there's some stuff I'm just not allowed to talk about because it will disappoint people and thus be "bad press". But then they speculate that we have some kinda awesome surprise and are just even more disappointed when eventually we're like "No no, this just sucks".

It's that same feeling as when somebody puts out teasers that seem to be indicating the return of BELOVED FRANCHISE. So all the press gets everyone hyped up about "The teased return of BELOVED FRANCHISE!" And then they say "We are proud to announce... the BELOVED FRANCHISE MOBILE PORT!" That upsets everyone. The moral of the story is don't dash people's hopes and dreams needlessly.

How I remember the thread in which I said she is the same person and if not at least a close relative.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Stella No Longer

Looks like they're ditching on Stella, among making other changes.

Even less inclination for me to play this game now! Full on boys club.

discuss, etc

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    the whole party scene and the attack on the city gameplay segment with Noctis has been removed.
    I'm far more upset about this than I am about Stella being gone. That all looked so well done and felt like it was going to be amazing to play. But Stella suddenly being gone feels like a really sloppy half baked decision seeing as in the FFXV announcement trailer she's still apparently there, still talking to Noctis, and we still see her at the end.

This pretty much confirms what I've been trying to tell people for the last year though; Final Fantasy XV is not Final Fantasy Versus XIII by a different name; Final Fantasy Versus XIII was cancelled, XV is an entirely different game.

I'm still excited for FFXV but it really makes me sad because when I go back and watch those Versus XIII trailers (particularly the 2011 trailer) I see a game that looked so awesomely promising, and like something I really wanted to play, that I shall never get to.

There's already a thread about this at the top of the forum.

And yeah, if you're so sexist that you can't stand to play as a party of gendered characters different from your own then you should probably find something more fitting to your taste.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Saw this on Facebook. Fortunately I didn't form any weird attachments to any previous characters or situations. But it's still a little bit of a bummer. I don't think it will dissuade me from the game. Ironically enough the demo may have, but we'll see how demo 2.0 goes and if I end up having to fight an onslaught of 400 enemies over the course of the night who keep respawning faster than I can kill

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    There's already a thread about this at the top of the forum.

And yeah, if you're so sexist that you can't stand to play as a party of gendered characters different from your own then you should probably find something more fitting to your taste.
    Whoops, mods feel free to merge!

Calling me sexist because I don't want to play a game that doesn't feature any female lead characters isn't accurate. I'd prefer more diversity in my games and more featuring of women. So yeah, it clearly doesn't seem to be for me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Excuse me? It's sexist for not wanting to play a game that has very few female characters? I think you need to choose your words a little better, it's not sexist at all. Get your knickers out of a twist. So effing rude.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Excuse me? It's sexist for not wanting to play a game that has very few female characters? I think you need to choose your words a little better, it's not sexist at all. Get your knickers out of a twist. So effing rude.
    God forbid a woman want to play a game where there's representation of her gender and a character that she can identify with. How sexist!
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think that it's okay for me, as a woman, to feel let down by Final Fantasy for this move. Final Fantasy is always a series that I feel has represented women pretty well. Now they've just cut out playable females in this game? troute. And don't give me the "YEAH BUT FFX-2" NO. There was a TONNE of dude characters in that game, and in the HD remake you can even get the dudes in your party.

In 15 we have Luna and Sexualised-Cidney. I think it's totally fine if I don't want to play this game, it doesn't make me sexist in the least.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Definitely!

I think it's pretty normal for players to have an "avatar" in Final Fantasy, even if they don't directly get to choose what that character does or looks like. I mean, any media, really. That's not to say that a female can't identify with a male character more (or vice versa), but I think generally people identify most with characters of their gender. So it's disappointing. When I first heard that FFXV would have no playable female characters, I decided I would not be purchasing the game. I've heard a lot of "Well, it probably works better for the story!" and that might be true, but it's probably not going to be a story I enjoy.

And yeah, bringing up FFX-2 is dumb if only for the imbalance of amount of male vs. female characters in this series. The 3-Female Rule.
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm sure there have been characters cut from nearly every FF game from the start that we just don't know of.

They probably have a very good reason as to why Versus was cancelled, so I wouldn't even worry about that. It's not like XIII (or any of the others) needed yet a 4th sequel anyway. It'd be interesting if they let us know the whole story as to why it was scrapped, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

This pretty much confirms what I've been trying to tell people for the last year though; Final Fantasy XV is not Final Fantasy Versus XIII by a different name; Final Fantasy Versus XIII was cancelled, XV is an entirely different game.

I'm still excited for FFXV but it really makes me sad because when I go back and watch those Versus XIII trailers (particularly the 2011 trailer) I see a game that looked so awesomely promising, and like something I really wanted to play, that I shall never get to.
    Yeah basically that. IT just shows that it really is a different game. And that says something that there wasn't even that much that was even done in the like decade long development that a new crew could come in and change a whole bunch of stuff.

Yeah. As a dude. I prefer inclusion. I am the privileged gender in this regard, so it hasn't completely turned me off (or rather, turned me away, as it is doing with women), but it is definitely a mark against it. Being pro-inclusion is about as far from sexism as you can get, though

If people were choosing not to play it because it wasn't a cast full of females instead. Then that might be a little sexist. But all anyone is asking for is one competent female character represented in the main cast. Preferably as a playable character. But I think some would even concede if it's just a super prominent role. But there's no room for women here. Kinda sad, but hopefully XVI will fix it

Edit: As an aside, I'm guessing DMKA was being facetious or sarcastic or something. I may be wrong though. But I'm not ready to mob just yet