Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Active Time Report 6.0 Stella's Fate Revealed!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Dancing Chocobo Active Time Report 6.0, Episode Duscae 2.0 release date, Story updates

final_fantasy_xv___iv_by_dead_stella-d872hgq.jpg

Hajime Tabata discussed in an Active Time Report stream that the 2.0 patch for the Episode Duscae demo of Final Fantasy XV would be released on June 9th, 2015. The patch would add improvements to the demo, as well as new features.

As for the full game itself, much more has been brought to light. Stella, one of the female characters featured in an early demo of the game, is in fact Luna, who was introduced more recently. There has been great speculation on whether Luna and Stella were sisters, the same women with different identities, or if Stella got scrapped. It turns out, the later is in fact correct.

Other changes to the game involve major sequences. Tabata admitted that the final version of Final Fantasy XV will be a completely different game than it's original incarnation, Versus.

The video of Active Time Report is below. You can also join in the discussion already happening in our forum by clicking here.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't wait to see the Ultimania for this game, as I bet it will have a section with Nomura where he explains what Versus XIII was going to be like. It will be titled, "This is how awesome this game would have been if I wasn't lazy and actually made the game when I lied to you that I was actually working on it not just doodling on napkins while snuffing blow."

Despite all that, none of this bothers me. Stella looked interesting but I'm willing to give her new witness protection variant "Luna" a chance. Not surprised that this game has shifted so much that it's basically a new concept, guess Kotaku was right when they spread that rumor that Versus XIII was cancelled a few years ago.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

People are also forgetting about the dragoon girl! (Don't think shes got a name yet) Tabata explained she's still in the game. Even tho the sequence of her in the city has been cut.

I know she probably won't be playable......still a strong female character tho!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it is good that he is making it his own rather than try to fit to what was supposed to be Versus. But I still wish we had gotten the original Versus and then use all these new concepts for a completely new FFXV.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't get this "I'm not playing this now because there's no female characters!" when there's exactly the same amount of female characters as there's always been, just different ones.

I don't get it anyway, actually. I'm going to bring FFX-2 into it whether people like that or not, but not as a "it balances it out and therefore that makes it okay" but from personal perspective. I loved FFX-2 even though there was no male avatar for me. It wasn't even an issue, I didn't think twice about it, and you know what? I had a blast.

Don't get me wrong, diversity is always a positive and it's good to have someone similar to yourself to relate to, but having it as a dealbreaker is just strange to me. I mean if you desperately need a protagonist of the same gender that's your prerogative, I just think that must be a miserable way to live life. "Can't be reading Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit!" or "Portal? Nah, no dudes, sorry, I'm out". That's just outright weird to me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I would probably understand it more if it wasn't for Square's pretty good history with gender equality and the fact that of the NPCs we've seen, it's been a pretty even mix. While we've only seen two notable NPCs that are female, we haven't seen a huge amount of notable male NPCs, either. Cut the main party out (the reasons for them being all male have been given), you're left with the following named & notable NPCs confirmed in the game...

Males: Regis, Cor, Idola
    Females: Lunafreya, Cindy

I like having female characters in my games, but I'm not feeling this is some great injustice at this point.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still plan to play the game I just personally prefer female characters so I was hoping they'd added one instead of just replacing one

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I think it is good that he is making it his own rather than try to fit to what was supposed to be Versus. But I still wish we had gotten the original Versus and then use all these new concepts for a completely new FFXV.
    It would have been nice to see how FFXV would have turned out in 2032.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

My main concern is that Luna seems pretty boring from what we've seen of her so far.

Stella we saw her sassing Noctis at the (now scrapped) party in Insomnia, and subsequently also saw the two of them at odds about to engage in a sword duel.

Luna, well we've seen a painting of her walking out of the ruins of Insomnia. The only other thing we've seen of her is her sitting at a table and the quote "Luna has something for you."

I really hope that they haven't changed Stella, from what appeared to be a fairly strong female character, to Luna - who seems to be bordering on a damsel in distress that we'll have to save. It'd kinda be another step backwards for the series after Cindy.

Maybe the black haired woman and the Dragoon lady will make up for a rather lackluster female showing so far in this title.

On a personal note, I much preferred the name Stella over Lunafreya. Lunafreya sounds like an online screen name or some Mary Sue fanfic character ><

Will see how I feel having played the game, if it's ever released.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kinda agree. Stella was said to have the same power as Boctis and that was one of the bigger sources of conflict, from what I gathered. I would have been fine with a simple name change, but them saying they needed to get rid if Stella and replace her with Luna makes me worried that they stripped the character of that pro-active role.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Lunafreya is a god AWFUL name.

Also her character design is super ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

No it isn't. It has my name in it

Articles
    Blog Entries

I agree completely. Stella, or at least, what we saw of her, seemed so much more interesting. I liked the dualism between her and Noctis. Of them being enemies, but having an unusual sense of respect between each other despite the conflict. And I've already mentioned the name but I'll mention it again: Lunafreya is a pretty godawful name. Heck, shortening her name to just 'Luna' or just 'Freya' would have been preferable.

I know we haven't seen much of Luna, and hopefully we will see more in trailers, but as it stands currently, it doesn't look great.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Idk, I like the name Lunafreya, and I like her design, and I think she's way prettier than Stella, but I still would have preferred we could have both