Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Active Time Report 6.0 Stella's Fate Revealed!

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Default Active Time Report 6.0 Stella's Fate Revealed!

She's dead..........well kinda. Tabata confirmed she has been turned into Luna. Like alot of us suspected.

The other story related change due to the crossover between Versus and FFXV is the whole party scene and the attack on the city gameplay segment with Noctis has been removed. The city now gets attacked after the guys have left the city (which explains the latest trailers)

The 2.0 patch for Episode Duscae will be released on June 9th at 8:00 PDT.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

What, nooooooo

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I have never understood the weird and obsessive fascination with "Stella" and why people are so precious about her when she is still in the game and not dead at all. She only appeared in what, two minutes of trailer footage under the name Stella? They just changed her name and outfit. That's it! And what's more, it's an improvement because Lunafreya is a nicer name than Stella.

I was baffled when after Duscae I said it was obvious they'd replaced her with Luna and a couple of people in the thread here jumped on it and insisted she was still knocking about and they were sisters. Hell, what am I even talking about, she wasn't replaced. Just renamed. That character everybody seems to love still exists.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would have liked to see another female character

I'm allowed to have my feelings Psy

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm saddened because I liked the kind of attitude/vibe from Stella's scenes. Hopefully we see more of Luna soon.

Personally I never liked the name 'Luna', which is perhaps weird considering the first part of my username is pretty similar.

Seems like they took out a really awesome looking scene in exchange for a less awesome one, though, but tbh once the game is finally out I won't be dwelling on all this kind of stuff.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

There were like two minutes of scenes. Not nearly enough to get a feel for a character. Especially when they were all in Japanese!

Good riddance.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Two minutes of scenes is a lot for a non-playable character out of what we've seen. Certainly more than the, what, three seconds we've seen of Luna?

Stella was all badass and did things. Luna sits and has a blank expression. This is all we have from the scenes over the course of years don't you take that away from us!

Articles

Luna is going to do those same things because they are the same person.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I'm with Psy on this one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Different name. Different symbol. Different look. Different getup. Different attitude. They're only the "same person" on a technicality. It's like saying "Oh, we replaced Wakka with Barret, they're the same person though." We can only have an attachment to characters based on what we see, and so far, the two of them have appeared to be markedly different.

Again, in time, I'm sure this will be forgotten by many and most, or just be seen as a "remember when" kind of thing. But at the moment we need to see a lot more Luna before people will forget about Stella.

EDIT: Although we can't be sure Luna will do those same things considering they have taken out key parts of the scene. It's possible that general badassery won't be seen with Luna.

EDITRA: To drive the point home, quoting from a reddit summary of this ATR...

Stella was cut because the team had difficulty integrating her role into the game. Instead we have Luna now, who has a different role than Stella used to have. All the other characters presented so far (e.g. the black-haired woman) are still in the game.

Articles

You don't know the attitudes are different because we've barely seen anything of her and you're just making assumptions. It's just a cosmetic change, which, if you'll note, all of the main characters have had since the Versus days, some of them arguably more extreme than the changes to Lunafreya. Nobody is mourning the loss of Prompto's white wifebeater or darker and neater hair, are they?

I don't really get your Wakka and Barret analogy at all given that they are actually different characters and what's more, we've actually seen plenty of them to know what they're like and that they're totally different characters. If you want a better analogy, it's like seeing two minutes of you as Daniel on a hike up a hill and then seeing a minute of Loony BoB, EoFF admin, doing some database queries and being all "well that Loony BoB guy sure is boring compared to Daniel!" when you are the same exact person.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

See my EDITRA. Stella != Luna. Stella has been removed and Luna has been added. If it were not for the fact they are both girls and one popped out while the other popped in, I don't think anyone would be saying they are the same character. But you seem to be more annoyed at people getting upset over Stella's departure than people are about Stella's departure based on this thread. xD But yeah, read the words Tabata stated - they are not the same character.

Also note that I've repeatedly stated that I think once we see more of Luna we'll forget about Stella, but at this moment in time we have indeed lost one of the very few non-playable characters that we had any kind of personality given to. So let's just wait for more information on Luna so we can move on!

EDIT: Alternative wording of the pre-mentioned quote, according to another reddit thing (I can't watch the whole video at work)...
    We decided not to include Stella in FF XV. Instead, we have a new heroine named Luna, who has a different role within the story.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh sweet. Freya is a cool name again!

Sad about Stella. T_T

Hopefully Luna will be great and we will all love her. But I'm disappointed that this character I was looking forward to won't be there any more. It's easy to argue that I shouldn't be disappointed because I didn't know the character, but it's precisely because I didn't know the character that I am disappointed. I wanted to know more about Stella! I wanted to see her personality, to experience her story. And I've been looking forward to doing that for 9 years.

Now I will never be able to do that. Sure, I can start getting interested and excited about Luna now, and I will for sure. But for right now, until I actually see a bit more of Luna... I will miss Stella. I will miss the character I was excited to discover.

Articles
    Blog Entries

People place a lot of of personality and attachment to Stella because for many years, she was one of the few things we knew about Versus/FFXV. There really was nothing much to go on back then. I'm sure Lunafreya will be great as well, but I can see why people would be put out of place by the change. I will be intrigued as to further details about how her role will "change". I sort of got a friendly, but determined vibe from Stella.

Also, just the name. Lunafreya just looks awkward. Stella Nox Fleuret sounds... like diamonds.