Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids Being Obnoxious In Movie Theaters!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Kids Being Obnoxious In Movie Theaters!

Since the "Best 20 bucks I ever spent" topic is veering towards kids being in movie theaters and how we feel about it, I decided it would be best to just have a whole thread about it!

So? How do you feel about it? Should kids be allowed in theaters in the first place? Just for kids movies? How about no admission after a certain time? Or maybe it depends on the rating of the film?

Basically I think there should be a cut off time for PG-13 movies and above for YOUNG children and babies. Otherwise, sure, bring your kids. But make them leave if they get disruptive! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Adult-only theatres for certain films would be really nice. Definitely for R movies, and maybe some PG-13 movies. After maybe 8pm.

I think a lot of people would go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They should be what the ratings are. PG-13, no one under thirteen allowed in the theaters. Rated R, no one under eighteen. Infringing on freedoms? Too bad; buy it for your kids when it comes out on DVD.

Blog Entries

I don't mind kids in theaters.

Although I think the most disturbing thing was when my dad and I watched Line Survivor with Mark Wahlberg and there were people with young children in there. It's a very violent and bloody movie!

..... Like I have room to talk. My dad let me watch Freddy Kreuger when I was really young. Like 3 and 4 years old.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't care about kids being exposed to violence. I just want to watch my movies in peace. I'm not paying between a range of $8-$15 to listen to babies cry or brats whine about how they want more popcorn.

Articles

I remember I went to see The Passion of Christ. There were kids in the theater.

Really, I think there should be a "one strike and you're out" policy for families. If you're going to be dumb enough to bring your kids to a movie that's wildly inappropriate for them, you shouldn't be allowed to do it more than once.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Even though I complained a bit about kids in the other thread, the funny thing is that I've usually found adults to be more of a disturbance in movies. Sometime older people but mostly younger university age people. Then again, I live in a college town that also has a military base not 20 minutes away so that adds up to a lot of people who don't understand how to function in civilized society.

That said, the world would be a much better place if we just killed all of the children.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Some of you guys whine worse than kids in a theatre. I don't really care about it that much, and honestly, seeing a screening after 7-8pm should eliminate 90% of this problem easily.

If anything I feel really sorry for the parents who probably had a month where the movie wasn't out and there kids wanted to see it right this second because the ads for it are right there on the TV, the another week after it does come out when they have to organise the outing, and finally they get there kid to the cinema in the hope of an end to it all and the kid still won't shut up. Some people paint them to be horrible monsters for daring to bring their kids to a damn avengers movie while the kid still has intact vocal chords, but the truth of the matter is that the parents are probably red faced and begging for their kids to stop screaming even more than you are.

Go see a movie late on a school night or build a bridge.

All that said, if there is a child free movie theatre near you then that's perfectly fine and if the problem bothers you so much then enjoy having that option.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Parents need to learn how to control their children. When I went to see Age of Ultron there was a little boy that kept on kicking the back of my seat. I was really getting ticked off. Fortunate for that child and his father I moved a seat over. The theatre was almost empty and this parent and his son had to choose to sit behind me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think little asshole groups of teens are worse.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Like I said in the other thread, I am not a Grinch. I usually don't let kids bother me. But when a child demands to crawl on other people and run in other rows of seats then there is a huge problem. If a child acts out and gets a bit loud I can ignore that no problem. However, when a family of 20 lets their kids dictate how to conduct themselves is simply unacceptable. My buddy should not have had to literally fight off a child from crawling all over him during the Avengers that started at 10pm.

I get that in most cases, things rarely get out of hand. But you know what? Families that take little to no action to control their kids ruin it for everyone else. I think if I see a movie at 10pm, weekend or not, I should not have to worry about someone else's child literally crawling in my seat.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I see no difference between a bad parent that makes no effort to stop their child from being a dick and a bad adult/teen who may talk loudly and inappropriately through a movie or put their feet on a chair someone is sitting on or even start throwing popcorn in some cases. Sometimes people are just jerks and in a small enclosed environment their jerkiness impacts others. The majority of parents however are doing their best to quiet a child without they themselves screaming over the top of them and adding to the noise, and as I pointed out they probably assumed that the movie would have caused a distraction for as long as the runtime was.

I do feel bad that you and your friend had to deal with an annoying kid at a 10pm screening though. Like I said, some parents are just troute.

No babies in any cinema, they're too young.
    Ages 3-10 I can tolerate in a kids movie if they're being disruptive, I get that kids can be stressful for the parents to control.
    Anyone older who isn't with a parent and is being ddisruptive, I'll tell them immediately to shut the hell up. I didn't just drop £9 to listen to a group of children goof off.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yah the baby thing drives me nuts. Movie theaters are going to be loud. It is going to affect the kid. they are going to get upset. Then you just inconvenienced an entire theater full of people because you couldn't get a babysitter and apparently didn't want to. I usually will see people with babies on opening weekends. Like smurf, come on it's the most packed time. Don't be an ass.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember when my mom took me to see an rated R movie my first time; I was six. It had sex and violence in it. What a trout parent. Anyone who brings their kids to an R rated movie is a trout parent as I've decided. Don't also subject other people to your troutty parenting when your kids are ruining the experience for other people in theater with their crying and obnoxious chattering. Oh you can't get a babysitter and you want to see a grown up film in theaters? Too smurfing bad. You chose to be a parent. Maybe wear a condom next time, asshole.

There are adults who have also been bad, but kicking their chair or telling them to stfu until they shut up has always worked. Nothing seems to work with a crying and unruly child who probably just wants to be in a quiet place so they can take their nap in peace, but their troutty parent decided they wanted to see Mad Max.