Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kids Being Obnoxious In Movie Theaters!

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually think the more "obnoxious", or rather "active" the audience is, the better. I can multitask enough to pay attention to the movie, and a lively audience adds to the entertainment for me.

I remember when a friend and I went to see The Sorcerer's Apprentice at the cinema, and there was group of kids to the right of the row in front of us, and they were reacting aloud to things, and they were funny to hear at times - so it added to the entertainment.

Two highlights were when the Fantasia music played, the kids all cheered, which was heart-warming (see, kids do like things before their time!), and before the movie started, there was a short-film which was quite strange (I can describe what I remember), and the kids were reacting to that as well, but at least one of them thought it was an advert, because when the credits came up, she said "That was a film?!" It was funny.

So yeah, I'm okay with it.

This is why I usually try and see animated movies at night time. The first time I saw Frozen, there was only older teens and young adults there and one child and it was beauitful. The child started crying when Elsa's chandelier in her ice castle crashed and that was okay, kids are allowed to be scared, and it was pretty noisy and crashy. The third time I saw Frozen was with friends was in the middle of the afternoon and kids kept on kicking seats, speaking through scenes, and throwing candy everywhere.

Then I saw Home recently with my mommy, and kids started running around the cinema to have small races. Ugh.

BH6 was late at night, and there was some more kids there, but they were so much better behaved than in Frozen and Home. Some kids were left with their mums though because their dads had to cry in the bathroom because of Baymax and Tadashi though. ):

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I will take them to my candy house.