Thread: The female dragoon?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, Hood Guy spoke in a trailer? I forgot that I guess. I always thought he was a dude anyways, and I'd highly doubt that Lightning would appear in this game anyways. Or the guy voice is all a red herring to keep us from realizing the truth and then BAM! Lightning.

Although the Goddess Etro is in the mythology of this game, and Lightning Returns pulled stuff at the end to where they could stick Lightning in whatever game they wanted if they wanted.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure hooded guy is old man Cloud Strife (a VII cameo would easily make this game reach fastest sales in the series) and we'll learn he used the Rainbow Materia to travel worlds because Sephiroth learned how to create a dream world out of the anti-Lifestream and is secretly Noctis (his comrades are his "children" from AC) who doesn't realize he is the greatest evil in Gaia. It's not actually FFXV! It's FFVII-2!

On a more serious note, I like the theory that Luna is the Dragoon and the Freya connection in the name makes the theory work for me, though it's just as likely she's a completely different character.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Personally, I'd rather play as a female baboon.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It would be cool if she was Luna. Like an alter-ego type of thing. Could be exciting!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    https://youtu.be/ACSpgGAjGfM?t=1106

Here's the dragoon lady, by the way.
    I'm surprised I've never seen that before. I always get excited for XV trailers and jump at the chance to watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'm pretty sure hooded guy is old man Cloud Strife (a VII cameo would easily make this game reach fastest sales in the series) and we'll learn he used the Rainbow Materia to travel worlds because Sephiroth learned how to create a dream world out of the anti-Lifestream and is secretly Noctis (his comrades are his "children" from AC) who doesn't realize he is the greatest evil in Gaia. It's not actually FFXV! It's FFVII-2!
    It sounds like that horrible Frozen- The Little Mermaid- Tarzan- Tangled theory everybody believed in last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    She'll probably turn out to be Lightning.
    I LOL'd irl
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.