Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon "Raise and Battle" Tournament Official Signup Thread!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think a week or two is more than enough, especially with EXP share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I don't know where everyone is in the game at the moment, but I know it takes about two~three hours for me to EV train and level a Pokemon to 70 in Y, so I'd say about a week should be fine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

How do you do that?

Also, I was thinking two weeks mostly because people have different schedules, so I was thinking this could allow people to end up around equal despite that.

How do you do that?

Also, I was thinking two weeks mostly because people have different schedules, so I was thinking this could allow people to end up around equal despite that.
    Go to Restaurant Le Wow. Turn on Exp. Power 3, enter one of the battles.

Since you go straight from battle to battle and never get a chance to pause, the Exp. Power has no chance to turn off until you complete all five battles. Since they all carry Pokémon around level 65, you get huge Experience from these fights when they're all under Exp. Power 3.

Then you just reap the rewards.

If you have Prize Money Power 3 on and a Pokémon with the Amulet Coin, it will actually more than pay for itself without even needing to sell the Balm Mushrooms you get, so you can ignore the Turn Goals, if you want.

...Which is why I now have 999 Balm Mushrooms.

I agree that we need at least two weeks due to the possibility of scheduling conflicts.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

How can I get those powers? And that sounds insanely quick! I'll probably try it out as long as I get that power!

Also, regarding scheduling, while I'll open our official thread on Saturday, I'm gonna start counting down the two weeks once everyone has their eggs, so that it's fair and everyone has an equal amount of time to invest in their pokes.

How can I get those powers? And that sounds insanely quick! I'll probably try it out as long as I get that power!
    O Powers in XY are obtained from Mr. Bonding. He's usually located in the hotels you pass on your journey. Exp. Point Power is obtained from the Anistar City Hotel. Prize Money Power is obtained in the Cyllage City Hotel. In ORAS, you get them all from the Pokémon Center in Mauville City if you talk to the NPCs inside after major story milestones.

O Powers are used from the PSS. They take a self-renewing resource called "Energy" to use. Energy replenishes naturally over time, and the rate at which it replenishes increases based on the step count of your 3DS system. So walking around with your system makes it replenish much faster. Before you take any steps, Energy replenishes at a rate of 1 Node every four minutes, I think? While if you've walked around at least 4000 steps that day, it's 1 Node every minute, which is much better.

To level up O Powers, you need to use them a lot. 15 uses gets you to level 2, and 30 gets you to level 3. It's cheaper to use lower levels, but not as Energy efficient, and not as strong. It's also cheaper to use them on other people than to use them on yourself.

Also, regarding scheduling, while I'll open our official thread on Saturday, I'm gonna start counting down the two weeks once everyone has their eggs, so that it's fair and everyone has an equal amount of time to invest in their pokes.
    Don't forget we need to have the hatch and share section, where everyone shares what they've gotten.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, that's the thread I mean. I'm opening it in six days. So excite. Also, we'll need to put all those leveling tips in there.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'll do it. I'll get my info ready today.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I am not interested in Pokeymans.

Articles

I showed interest before, so I'll toss my name in again:

FC - 1032-1218-3907
    Name: MatT
    No voice

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

in the battles the lvls will be reduced to lvl 50, right?
    as for the training: i will not get it done within a week. i dont know all the tricks and i dont have that much time for it.
    besides, there is no need to rush this imo. and im not someone to hardcore grind the levels. ill get tired of it if i have to do it for hours in a row

i probably missed it somewhere: but

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    But if we can set up a separate part of EoFF chat just for the tourney, we should totally do that.
    If you want a room for this on IRC, it's easy enough for anyone to make it and join. #pokenerdsunite or something. It is just a case of typing /j #roomname and hey presto.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the eggs will be handed out this saturday, right?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll begin the distribution on Saturday, yes. It'll end whenever it needs to end, since it might be difficult to do it all in one day, considering we're all in different timezones. The two-week countdown will begin once everyone has their eggs.

So yeah, two days to go, people! If you haven't signed up yet, this is your chance!