Thread: Favorite Fal'Cie in the trilogy?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Favorite Fal'Cie in the trilogy?

Did you like any of the Fal'Cie (or any of the deity like beings in general) in these games? Even though we didn't get to see it, I quite liked the idea of a Cactuar Fal'Cie after it was revealed that that was the one Snow befriended in XIII-2.

I know we never saw it, and they were only mentioned once in Lightning Returns, but Pandaemonium.

It's the last fal'Cie on Earth, and it has nothing to gain, but it still works to feed what's left of the world's population.

I wondered what its motivations could be.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    I know we never saw it, and they were only mentioned once in Lightning Returns, but Pandaemonium.

It's the last fal'Cie on Earth, and it has nothing to gain, but it still works to feed what's left of the world's population.

I wondered what its motivations could be.
    I agree. I wish we saw Pandaemonium. I don't think it's motivations are so pure though. I remember the foodstuffs provided by the Order are tainted somehow to keep the populace docile? Assuming that the Order are in control of the Fal'Cie, it doesn't look good. Either they taint the foodstuffs post production, or they come out already tainted.

In the other games, I liked Titan, but I didn't like going through his trials for so long. Atomos, the digging Fal'cie, was fun as well. Seeing it limp, immovable and constrained in the desert was rather sad, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I agree. I wish we saw Pandaemonium. I don't think it's motivations are so pure though. I remember the foodstuffs provided by the Order are tainted somehow to keep the populace docile? Assuming that the Order are in control of the Fal'Cie, it doesn't look good. Either they taint the foodstuffs post production, or they come out already tainted.
    I didn't remember that.

Still though, what does Pandaemonium have to gain by working with the Order?

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Atomos, the digging Fal'cie, was fun as well. Seeing it limp, immovable and constrained in the desert was rather sad, actually.
    I'm fairly sure it was dead, so not moving wouldn't bother it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm fairly certain Atomos glows during the night, indicating it is at least alive, or dormant.

As for the food, Pandaemonium uses the chaos to produce the food. Maybe I was going slightly too far with indoctrination, but eating chaos food can't be healthy.

It was stated in the game that Pandaemonium was the last living Fal'Cie. If that's the case, Atomos must be dead.

Glowing doesn't necessarily indicate life: there are luminescent rocks.

The processed Chaos-food couldn't have been THAT unhealthy, considering that it's what most people ate almost exclusively for five hundred years.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Barthandelus. because playing FF13 for the first time i found its design hilarious and its voice is funny. also , for me, it was a thing i didnt see coming.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Titan, I wanted to fight him.

Barthandelus.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Did you like any of the Fal'Cie (or any of the deity like beings in general) in these games?
    Taking all deities into account, my favourite is Etro.

Not only does she regulate reincarnation, but she helps people when she can (although this does end up causing a LOT of problems).