Articles
    Blog Entries

"Nojima writing is worrying!"
    "But he was the original writer..."
    "Quiet you!"

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    FFVII Remake won't suck, nerds. FFVII Remake will cure cancer, put a stop to world hunger, and bring about world peace.

FFVII Remake is love! FFVII Remake is life!
    FFVII Remake is za warudo.

I am looking forward to doing this again:
    https://www.facebook.com/YubelMalevo...7731766&type=3

Now I've had time to settle down and stop shaking, I've had time to think about it. Thinking about FFVII as a whole, with its humor and quirks and all, I think they'll ruin it. I honestly do. I think they'll make it way too dark and broody and turn it into what VII has become since the game came out.

BUT SCREW IT, IM RIDING THE HYPE TRAIN ALL THE WAY TO SECTOR 7, TOOT TOOT. THIS GAME ARE SICK!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think there's a very high probability they'll smurf it up.

But, we're finally getting a game that pretty much all of us have been wanting for 10 years, so I think we should just sit down, shut up, and be excited and grateful for the time being. There will be plenty of time to bitch and moan about how it's different than the original later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They could keep everything in it from the original game and people would still bitch, so...

-turns up FFVII music to drown out the bitching-

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

if I had a gil for every time someone bitched about a minor thing even though it was what they'd been asking for for years...

I'd be able to buy the house in Costa Del Sol

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm excited. Interesting that everyone is saying 'is this detail in it, is that detail in it'. If you want everything that was in the original FFVII then go play it again. It's still pretty good.

I do expect they'll retain the spirit of the original and keep the major events and gameplay intact. They may update the ATB to be a quicker or more automated but I don't expect it to be an action RPG or anything like that. SE has lost our faith in many ways but they're not completely lost.

I wonder if this announcement means that they are officially out of ideas. I always expect them to do this as the last effort to save the company.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

I like to think that during their rehab of sorts they realized, "People want a FFVII Remake. Let's give it to them." Of course, that means there's no way it's coming out by 2017 with how big of a project it'd be, but I'm not bothered. We'll probably get the HD port or something in 2017.

Blog Entries

If it don't start out like this I won't like it. :P

I really hope they don't mess this up. If they decide to do a total re-write of the story making it a different or "more this age" game might suck. They did it right back then but I don't remember any of that trailer in the game so it could be possible it is not the FFVII we all loved but could be something more like XIII.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

"Quiet you!"
    With Kitase. Kitase also directed. You'll notice Nojima's two best games - FFVII and FFX - both had Kitase helping with the writing and also directing.

Team efforts and collaborations obviously matter when making a giant ass video game like this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post

If it don't start out like this I won't like it. :P

I really hope they don't mess this up. If they decide to do a total re-write of the story making it a different or "more this age" game might suck. They did it right back then but I don't remember any of that trailer in the game so it could be possible it is not the FFVII we all loved but could be something more like XIII.
    Considering the original game came out in 1997 with all the limitations of the first PlayStation, and Midgar was bigger than what we got to see, it doesn't come as a surprise we'll get to see more of it in a PS4 remake that wasn't shown the first time around. I doubt we'll get another FFXIII after everything they worked on since being much better than that. Not that it's hard to make something better than FFXIII, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    "Quiet you!"
    With Kitase. Kitase also directed. You'll notice Nojima's two best games - FFVII and FFX - both had Kitase helping with the writing and also directing.

Team efforts and collaborations obviously matter when making a giant ass video game like this.
    Obviously, but since most of the things people went nuts over regarding Versus XIII/XV was when he was the director, I don't have a lot of reason to doubt him right now.
    Last edited by Ayen; 06-17-2015 at 05:57 AM.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    This was probably all our reactions. Great video. I like how the one guy is perched like a bird.

>>> Kind of bland compared to mine..
    I cried, screamed, jumped like crazy then i got drunk and celebrated, and then i peed in my pants.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/final-...-ps4-in-japan/

Apperently a big reason they are doing it now is that the felt if they waited to much longer, they would be to old to do it, and wanted this game done with the original staff.

Also, Cross Dressing scene will still be there, and it sounds like there may be tweeks to the story.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/final-...-ps4-in-japan/

Apperently a big reason they are doing it now is that the felt if they waited to much longer, they would be to old to do it, and wanted this game done with the original staff.

Also, Cross Dressing scene will still be there, and it sounds like there may be tweeks to the story.
    Happy to hear they've already been working on it for a year and wanted to do it with the original members, and frankly I agree with him. Why have the same exact game on the same console? Tweaks to the story sound better than a complete rehaul for those concerned. It could also just mean they're ironing out plot holes from the original game.

I'm even more interested for more information now when winter comes.
    Last edited by Ayen; 06-17-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They will inevitably miss a lot of the little touches that make the original what it is. To recreate everything as it was in a 1080 3D environment would just be too much of an ask, I think.