Thread: [E3 2015] FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE FOR PS4. GET HYPED

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If they remove Mr. Dolphin...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

They are absolutely going to take it too serious.

At least that's my prediction.

It will be neat to see the Weapons in updated form. (not equipment, but Ruby, Emerald, Diamond)

Here's a potentially interesting note. Talking about how much of the compilation they're going to include, we do have one tiny hint to that already.

The Buster Sword shown in the trailer is the design from the original game, not the updated design from Crisis Core. Compare:

Original:
    (SPOILER)

Crisis Core:
    (SPOILER)

Trailer:
    (SPOILER)

Blog Entries

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE*BREATHE*

Yeah I've been basically twitching around since finding this out this morning (heard the rumours, didn't believe them for a second) that was one long day at work!

AAAAAAAAAAAA

Of course, it'll be "darker", the humour will be sucked out, Don Corneo and Honey Bee will be nowhere to be seen, Mr Dolphin will turn out to be a robotic rocket thing, there will be no overworld, battles will be hack-n-slash, all the puzzles will be removed like the route up to Shinra HQ and the floors up there, cait sith will be minus the moogle and airship navigation will be menu based.
    But I think I'll be able to forgive them, so long as there's still a golden shiny wire of hope.

I mean... it may well be essentially a completely different game. But it'll be cool to see everywhere in glorious new graphics.
    Last edited by Cloudane; 06-16-2015 at 06:56 PM.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm so excited I don't know if I believe that it's actually happening or if it's just some kind of cruel joke.

E: please give us turn based battles. I miss that

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

They officially confirmed it at the SE press conference but said they will have more details later this year.

I'm fully expecting them to give the gameplay an overhaul - I don't expect turn based either, from SE's POV it's got to appeal to a new audience and that system is quite old fashioned. If it's a remake I expect them to do more than just update the graphics and sound!

I don't mind that either, as long as they stay true to the original story and don't cut or change things in that regard.

On the other hand, turn based is easier to make than something high action with lots of physics to worry about. Staying true to the original would help them keep the budget and development time under control.

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

woke up this morning to have had the trailer thrown at me on facebook. I made a majestic WRRYYYYYYYY

FFVII was the first PS game I ever owned. FFVII will be the first PS4 game I own. It's the circle of lifestream

Totally, but I'd imagine part of SE's reason for doing this is to bring FFVII to a new generation of fans and it's got to compete gameplay-wise. I'd worry they be reluctant to do it.

Worst case scenario is that they take out all of the fun and we get a completely new version of FF7 that looks as beautiful as FF15 does and are still completely free to go back and play the original, too. I'm just glad it's finally been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Perducci View Post
    Worst case scenario is that they take out all of the fun and we get a completely new version of FF7 that looks as beautiful as FF15 does and are still completely free to go back and play the original, too. I'm just glad it's finally been announced.
    When that's your worst case scenario, things are pretty good really.

As you say - even if it sucks, the original will still be there. And we'll at least have a prettier version to gawk at.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFVII Remake won't suck, nerds. FFVII Remake will cure cancer, put a stop to world hunger, and bring about world peace.

FFVII Remake is love! FFVII Remake is life!

So I've been thoroughly sidetracked by Skyrim for the last two weeks and I just thought "maybe I'll see what's happening on the boards."

And I find this.

Ten years. Ten years people have been demanding this and they finally gave in.

Nomura directing and Nojima writing is worrying though. That combination leads to Kingdom Hearts II. I do not want KH in my FFVII.

Nojima wrote FFVII originally though... so you'd think he'd be able to do a decent job of it!