FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Electroshock Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    FFV/VIII remakes would probably top my list. FFXII can be remade when they have the PS5 out and the graphical update will actually be worth it.
    Except we don't really want it for the graphical upgrade. We want the IZJS version and portability, much like with FFX|X-2.
    Doesn't the IZJS version restrict customizability, though? I've never played it myself so I don't know exactly, but I keep hearing that the biggest change is the license board. More specifically, you're more restricted with customization. Why do people like this exactly?
    From what I heard, the job class licence boards are optional - you can stick to the regular one if you want.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Electroshock Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    FFV/VIII remakes would probably top my list. FFXII can be remade when they have the PS5 out and the graphical update will actually be worth it.
    Except we don't really want it for the graphical upgrade. We want the IZJS version and portability, much like with FFX|X-2.
    Doesn't the IZJS version restrict customizability, though? I've never played it myself so I don't know exactly, but I keep hearing that the biggest change is the license board. More specifically, you're more restricted with customization. Why do people like this exactly?
    Because not being able to do everything on every character means you have to put thought into how you build your party. You have to plan ahead more, make compromises here and there, and play smarter. It adds more depth to the gameplay, and that's something many like.

As a function of this, you can make every new playthrough of the game very different from the previous, simply by changing some of the characters into a class you didn't use last time, and as such, the replay value of the game increases.

When everyone can do absolutely everything, it doesn't matter which skills you learn with which characters, as they'll all end up identical in the end anyway and every character becomes interchangable with any other character. It's simply boring. Vanilla FF12 might be easier, but very many find challenges more fun. Think of it as an additional difficulty mode.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I'd go with the FF12 HD too. Need more ways to play that game.

The other game that might make a nice remake in full 3D on the PS4 would be FF8. I hope they don't try and remake 9. That's aged fine as it is.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FF8 remake, but keep the part where she says "you're the best looking guy here" pixelated for the lul.

FF8 or 9 don't need remakes...maybe an improved graphical update, but they're fine as they are. Directing/soundtrack was great for both those games.

The correct answer here is the Chrono series. A new one.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I just put up all my posters and now I really want a Crisis Core remake. Like, yesterday.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I just want a sequel to Threads of Fate.

I really think the first Parasite Eve needs another shot. Not just a remaster but a reboot of the game. I think with today's graphics and an updated storyline/script, this game could really shine.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdust View Post
    I really think the first Parasite Eve needs another shot. Not just a remaster but a reboot of the game. I think with today's graphics and an updated storyline/script, this game could really shine.
    After 3rd Birthday, I'm not sure many fans have faith in SE to do it right.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    FF8 or 9 don't need remakes...maybe an improved graphical update, but they're fine as they are. Directing/soundtrack was great for both those games.

The correct answer here is the Chrono series. A new one.
    This, more Chrono

We should demand they actually REMAKE FFVII, instead of changing everything about it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Go play the FF7 Steam HD mod.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

i don't think we should demand anything... remember what we got when fans demanded a Playstation port of Chrono trigger?..

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    We should demand they actually REMAKE FFVII, instead of changing everything about it.
    Negative nancy! We know next-to-nothing about the remake at this point. They've already said they're keeping in the crossdressing. So hopefully they'll keep in most other stuff too. Hope so.