View Poll Results: Will you buy FFVII

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maybe, it depends on (reasons)

9 16.98%
  • Heck yeah! Day 1!

35 66.04%
  • Yeah, but I'm gunna wait for it to appear on (different format)

4 7.55%
  • Hell No!

1 1.89%
  • Other (I am a meat popsicle)

4 7.55%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will you buy it?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

That's certainly not an "of course"
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

For a guy who already owns it 7 times, yes it is.

I'm likely gonna be a day one purchase, if only for the goodies they may package, probably even a collector's edition. Then even if it sucks, I'll have a plush moogle or some garbage, and can just say I helped pay them back for the effort, and then go enjoy the original. But I doubt it will be unplayable. And for some reason I'm with BoB in that the changes wouldn't really bother me. It's been so long. And I love the original as it is. This will be more like an alternate reality version if they change too much. I'd play it for what it is, out of curiosity, and let that be it. But I'll probably criticise it for what it is as well. Its not going to get a free pass, but I will definitely try it with an open mind

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I mean, I gotta see stuff happen ma girl Aerith get stabbed in full 1080p 60fps somehow. Or better yet... in 4k if it ended up on PC.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

During the hype I voted for hell yes without any question, though now that the hype is faded down, I'm going to wait and see if there's any changes that just make me downright say uh-uh, no. Changes to the battle system is a biggie. I'm a old school grandma jrpg fan who likes things turn-based, or get offa the lawn.

* pokes walking stick at you *

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
    Who the hell voted no?
    Yes, you bastards.

I'll be taking the day off work for this nevermind a day 1 purchase.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nah, I'll give it a miss.

My vote was "because it was funny." I haven't bought a video game in a year (my parents got me a Wii on a special occasion, mostly because my mom wanted to play Mii games. She didn't know you have to buy them separately), the Force Unleashed was all right, but the other games I bought were just stupid buys.

I don't own a PS Vita (my PSP screen is broken, I still have to replace it), a Wii U, an XBOX 360, a PS3, or an XBOX One. I will buy a PS4 solely to own and play the FF7 Remake. I will wait until 7 is released before buying the PS4. That, at least, gives me two years to save up.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I'll be buying it no matter what.

As someone who has pretty much completely stopped playing video games I am not going to buy a ps4 just for this game. I will watch a playthrough on youtube though and perhaps buy it if it is released on ps3.

They are not going to release the remake on inferior technology. It'll go to the NX, the XBOX ONE, and the Sega Dracomax (yes, I firmly believe Sega will have a console again).
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Well guess I will definitely be youtubing it then. When I can easily go months without even turning my ps3 on there is little point in buying a new system.

I watched a playthrough of Last of Us on youtube and got just as much enjoyment out of doing that as I would have if I were playing it (infact probably more enjoyment because I never liked shooters to begin with).

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yeah, a new ps3 game in 2017 is never gonna happen.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by tony12 View Post
    Well guess I will definitely be youtubing it then. When I can easilI watched a playthrough of Last of Us on youtube and got just as much enjoyment out of doing that as I would have if I were playing it (infact probably more enjoyment because I never liked shooters to begin with).
    This saddens me! You should totally have played that game instead of watching it.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony12 View Post
    Well guess I will definitely be youtubing it then. When I can easilI watched a playthrough of Last of Us on youtube and got just as much enjoyment out of doing that as I would have if I were playing it (infact probably more enjoyment because I never liked shooters to begin with).
    This saddens me! You should totally have played that game instead of watching it.
    Possibly but unless you are a real die hard gamer (which I am not and never really was) you can really get just as much enjoyment from the interactive movie games by watching them as you can by playing them.

A game like Walking Dead where you have dialogue decisions to make I could see there being a difference between playing and watching it but not really in Last of Us where the story ends up being the same if you played it or watched it off of youtube.