Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Concerns About the Final Fantasy VII Remake Announcement

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

If they retcon the entire compilation in the process, I have no problems with deviating from the original game's events and script.

I am also completely fine with a very different combat system. Perhaps still ATB, but one of the more evolved ATBs we've seen in recent games. FF13-2 and FF10-2 did ATB pretty well.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

I guess I am the only person on this planet who like Genesis then? I'm honestly torn about whether I want him to appear or not though. I want the story told properly but what that means is open to debate.

Blog Entries

The battle system is my main concern.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterDarkRen View Post
    I guess I am the only person on this planet who like Genesis then? I'm honestly torn about whether I want him to appear or not though. I want the story told properly but what that means is open to debate.
    I never felt very strongly about him. They were obviously building him up as this major antagonist after DOC and CC, but nothing ever came of it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

fans reactions to them saying to look forward to the crossdressing

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nomura confirmed that the plot will be expanded and changed a bit.

Kitase mentioned back in the day that he would likely alter elements of the game he was either dissatisfied with or felt has aged poorly but he would also consider the fan reaction to such changes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Not a shocker on plot changes, and glad they're saying it early on. They should get any potential bad news out of the way very early on so people can get it out of their heads and/or make changes.

As for gameplay changes, that I'm far less bothered by personally. It has to happen as far as I'm concerned. If they put chocobo racing in as it was in the old days, it would be severely lacking when compared to even chocobo racing in FFXIV, where it's still very much limited to being a fun time waster. I expect we'll see that along with other things enhanced notably beyond "hold L1+R1 to win" for the sake of fun.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I wonder if they'll make the Magic Defense stat actually work this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
    Sacrilege! Broken mechanics are what made the game great!

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yes, let them make all of their polarizing announcements quickly so we can get the complainers out of the way early.

I really hope they keep the overworld in this remake.

Also I think some of the best part of FFVII's plot was all of the info and backstory about Jenova that they ultimately decided not to include in the game. And some of those plot points ended up being used in Xenogears!

Hopefully they can tell us more about Jenova this time.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

So Nomura-san already announced the story willl have changes.

That is no wonder. The story already was slightly changed already. With the Compilation it is just good that plotholes and stuff will be filled. Let's just hope that this is most of what they mean with that statement so this is merely a "don't wonder if something does not seem familiar it is just something that already existed in the Compilation, just now used in the first installment as well".

I supposed Genesis will reappear after Cloud has finished his Confabulation so you see he was in Nibelheim - though that does not need to be shown.
    Lucrecia will be in her Crystal as in Dirge of Cerberus.
    Vincent and Yuffie will be no secret characters, therefore have an obligatory story about Lucrecia and Wutai.
    The Zack story will be explained better.
    They will tie in to On the Way to a Smile/Advent Children.
    Some plotholes will be filled better.
    Such things. I cannot imagine a real change that is not something that was retconned or added already anyway. And I hope so.

They will also probably change some things to no longer be optional and make the most logical scene:

- The Date with Aerith
    - Aerith's sadness about Zack and her line that she hoped a bit Cloud was jealous (a line that even was in the game but inaccessible through an error)
    - Whichever version the Highwind scene should be
    - Maybe make it obligatory to find Dr. Gasts's house
    - Sephiroth's creation also was in this installment very vague, as were the tatoos - they will probably change that for consistency - also they will probably no longer give Sephiroth Masamune in his right hand because the ambidexstrous thing is not that important for them
    - Rufus' escape explained in On the Way to a Smiled might be hinted or something
    - Tseng might not magically disappear but at least be shown once again
    - Reeve might have more screentime
    - Deepground might be hinted
    - locations like Modeoheim and Banora might reappear

If anything it becomes a game that people finally understand. With the thing that Cloud never literally was someone else but metaphorically through confabulation which obviously can drastically change people because how we behave and perceive reality depends on what we "know". And later his chain of memories has been restored and he changed again. So it is no wonder Cloud goes Self-critisising -> arrogant but still with some self-citisizm on the surface -> self-critisising but knowing what he has done -> so self-critisising that he couldn't save Aerith. I suppose they will also change a few things like give no one a JENOVA voice. In the original we had "Jenova: You are just a puppet." after Sephiroth killed Aerith. In Advent Children Toshiyuki Morikawa himself said that line - which would not matter, both Sephiroth and JENOVA can change voices.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-18-2015 at 07:57 AM.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I do think people understand that Cloud, at no point, was literally the character Zack.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
    Sacrilege! Broken mechanics are what made the game great!
    xD I'd love if they were so true to the original, that they kept all the glitches.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'm looking forwards to this glitch in particular.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JqMgYYbKQc
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I do think people understand that Cloud, at no point, was literally the character Zack.
    I wish you were right. I really do.

Also this is hard to believe as a lot of people in this forum alone refuse to accept a lot of obvious facts.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 11-24-2015 at 12:48 AM.